Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Favorite girl name to go with Rex and Troy?

Ok. We've got the boy name down to three. Now to find some girl options. DH has veto'd all of my cute/uncommon three letter names. So I'm going from a different direction now.

What do you think of...

Elena

Camille nn Cam/Cami

Calista

Cora

I used to love Cora but am now turned off because of the quick rise in popularity. It's still my DH's favorite. Elena is a variation of Helen, which I think fits in discretely with Rex and Troy. My neighbor did just name her third child Elena, but I'm trying not to take that into consideration. Any other names from Roman or Greek history/mythology that don't scream ancient but fit in with Rex and Troy?

Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

Quote Originally Posted by mbrow222 View Post
    I was just looking up Daphne when you posted! I like it, but having watched quite a bit of Scooby Doo with my boys I don't know if I can see it out of that context.

I'm starting to like Aria. I had a Peg Perego Aria stroller for my first son, so I've had to work past that image. I definitely think its much prettier as a baby girls name than a stroller!

I really like the name Helena too. But our last name starts with H. That would sound weird, wouldn't it?

My first thought was Maeve. It's Irish, not Greek or Roman, but it's strong, one syllable, and has the same energy as Rex and Troy. I really like Cleo and Juno for you too. Daphne and Lyra were great suggestions. Maybe Livia?

Take a look at these lists and see if anything sticks out to you:

http://www.britishbabynames.com/blog...antiquity.html
    http://www.britishbabynames.com/blog...ant-roman.html
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I like Elena with your sons' names the best, or Calista could work too. I love the name Cora, but I just don't feel like it fits and, like you said, it's becoming quite popular.