Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle names help. For my beloved Leona

*sigh* I really want to be asking about boys name right now since I think this baby will be another boy (we'll find out in about 6-10 weeks) but we don't even have any male contenders. So, instead I would like assistance choosing the baby's middle name for a girl who would be Leona with 90% likelihood.

Right now our choices are Leona Gillian or Leona Andromeda. Last name starts with N and is two syllables. Both choices are honor names. Gillian is for my grandma who is alive, I think it is such a lovely classy name and I like the G spelling. Andromeda is for my dad Anthony, always know as Andy, who died when I was 16. My dad was a huge space nerd so he would have gotten a kick out of the galaxy association.

I like both options even if they do not have super ideal flow from some people's perspective. I like that my grandma Gillian would be around to appreciate a namesake. My husband really likes Andromeda more because he is also a space nerd. I would consider a second middle name to smooth out the flow, to help with the N heaviness of both middle options with the last name, and so I could use more fun names.

Some types of names that I like are:
    Valerie
    Suzette
    Solenne
    Simone
    Raquel
    Marielle/Mary/Meryl
    Meredith
    Marguerite
    Iris
    Eve
    Eira
    Faye
    Beth

I left out names with N's or A endings so there aren't too many of my favorites here, I really like N's and L's usually, and many A ending names. I am not sure any of these would work in a too well with a double middle for Leona Andromeda or Leona Gillian, but I think the list may give you a better idea at the types of names which I am thinking for this combo. Strong and feminine, not too strange-especially with Andromeda, not too many N's and probably no A endings.

So, what do you think, Andromeda or Gillian? And I would be so delighted to see what sorts of combinations you can come up with for a double middle name!

Oh and lastly, not like I'm going to talk my out of Leona in all likelihood but what do you think of Andromeda as a first name? Too much? I'm kind of really liking it right now, but it's also hard for me to picture that there really is a real baby being currently being formed so I'm not sure how realistic it is.
    Last edited by lovewn; June 6th, 2013 at 02:12 AM. Reason: wanted to ask about Andromeda as a first name =D

Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

I don't really like Andromeda with Leona. You get the N sound in leona, again in Andromeda and then again in your last name. Seems a bit much.

I love Leona! I like Leona Raquel and Leona Iris!

Leona Andromeda is a really, really fun combination. Meaning always trumps flow in my book, and personally I wouldn't pass up the meaning that Andromeda has for you just because her full name won't flow beautifully. She won't go around introducing herself as Leona Andromeda Surname; only worry about how Leona sounds with your surname. If you add a second middle name to Leona Andromeda you risk coming off as pretentious and over-the-top. I would leave it as is.

As for using Andromeda as a first name, it's not a bad idea. I would be thrilled to meet an Andromeda, but it doesn't seem like the kind of name that would be very versatile.
    Emily, 18, Southeastern US.
    College student and avid name nerd.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine