Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I agree! I like Eamon and Rowan as siblings, and although they are similar, they are not too close.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Pearl & Patrick Elliot, Catherine Maeve & Liam Alexander

I'd be tripping over them as their mother but if you're happy to go 'come here Rowan errr Eamon' every meal time I don't think sibling names matter much. I constantly call my daughters by the wrong names and they are nothing alike. It's not as if you're naming them Jack and Jacqueline.

Eamon is such a great name I say go ahead!
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

Sure they are similar but I think they are also different enough for it to work if you can move past the similar sounding last syllable. It depends on your personal preference.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

They're definitely close, but perhaps right on the border of being too close to work together IMO (so close to the border that it's hard to say what side of the border they're on). If it doesn't overly bother you, I don't think it would bother others either. If it seems to be the 'one', go for it.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Quote Originally Posted by tfzolghadr View Post
    They're both 2 syllables and and in an -an. To me, that's not a big deal, but the question is really whether or not it'd bother you. I like Eamon... it's a strong, unique name.
    Yep.

I'm really picky about my name combos but even this doesn't bother me!
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly