Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    You know you're a name nerd when you still remember mispronouncing your nurse's name fifteen years ago, and now you want to tell her "I know how to pronounce Aislynn now!"

You watch a show involving labour and delivery, and have to refrain from groaning when you hear the mother's choice.

.. you go out into public and feel the urge to start writing down names for some reason

You know you're a name nerd when your friend tells you the names they are considering forvtheir child and you can tell her (approximately) what number it is on the SSA list.

(Sorry dear friend, Harper and Ava are NOT that "unique")
    Mommy to Konrad Wolfgang 12/31/13
    I've already got that naming fever again...
    Wilhelmina - Louisa - Rosalie - Franziska - Hilda - Frieda
    Hugo - Kai - Alaric - Otto - Kilian - Desmond - Cormac - Arlo
    GP : Edelweiss nn Ada

Quote Originally Posted by meyera4 View Post
    You know you're a name nerd when your friend tells you the names they are considering forvtheir child and you can tell her (approximately) what number it is on the SSA list.

(Sorry dear friend, Harper and Ava are NOT that "unique")
    Yes! My friends are having a Jon@th@n W@lker, and J@ckson R@ymond. All I could think was that if you combine spellings, Jonathan and Jackson are like top 30 names. There is a part of me that desperately wants to tell them that, but I know it won't accomplish anything but piss them off hahaha.
    Mommy to a beautiful baby boy!
    Griffin Adam
    ~~~~~~
    Favorite girls names: Mirabelle Irene, Aurora Faye, Seraphina Isobel, Cordelia Louise, Serena Lux, Rosamund Fable, Elowen Phoenix, Calliope ????

Quote Originally Posted by yw2 View Post
    LOL, the only reason I read my hometown newspaper is to search the obituaries for old names and look through the birth announcements see what local people are naming their babies.
    I do this too, but I take it one step further and purposely walk through graveyards to hunt for names
    Girls: Doris ❀ Amelia ❀ Freya ❀ Martha ❀ Violet ❀ Lauren ❀ Mabel ❀ Lillian ❀ Minnie ❀ Honey ❀ Emily
    Amelie ❀ Daisy ❀ Florence ❀ Imogen ❀ Edna ❀ Eleanor ❀ Eva ❀ Evelyn ❀ Clara

Boys: Matthew ✿ Louis ✿ Ernest ✿ Christopher ✿ Barclay ✿ Adam ✿ Andrew
    Charlie ✿ Harrison ✿ Daniel ✿ Joshua ✿ James ✿ Thomas ✿ Henry

~no matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world~