Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

You know your a namenerd when........

So this came to me when I was in an Religion test and check the spelling of Heaven I read it backwords as Nevaeh, namenerdy right so have you ever had these moments? surely I can't be the only one.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Deacon☆Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆

Sometimes I'm watching TV shows with my family or my boyfriend's family and I just can't *not* comment on the name choice. Sometimes, I have to say, "Those are really good names. I love it." And sometimes, I have to say, "WHY WOULD YOU NAME A PERSON THAT?"

Today in English class a girl from another class who was pregnant brought in her baby to show my English teacher. All the girls in the class walked up to see the baby and I did too, not because I really wanted to see it but because I wanted to know its name so badly and I can't hear very well from where I sit in the back.

Anyway, its name was Isabella Grace (sp?) and I was so disappointed in how "generic" her name was I just walked back to my seat all bummed out and didn't even look at the baby. I think out of all my classmates I was the only one who didn't think her name was "gorgeous"
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

Quote Originally Posted by violetgray View Post
    Today in English class a girl from another class who was pregnant brought in her baby to show my English teacher. All the girls in the class walked up to see the baby and I did too, not because I really wanted to see it but because I wanted to know its name so badly and I can't hear very well from where I sit in the back.

Anyway, its name was Isabella Grace (sp?) and I was so disappointed in how "generic" her name was I just walked back to my seat all bummed out and didn't even look at the baby. I think out of all my classmates I was the only one who didn't think her name was "gorgeous"
    Oh man I totally feel you on that. It's so annoying when someone puts a top 10 first name with a top 10 middle name and everyone is like "Oh wow that's stunning" and pretends not to know (or somehow doesn't know) that there are like thousands of other girls out there with the same first and middle combination. I recently had two acquaintances give birth and one named her daughter Savannah Leigh and the other named her daughter Belle Marie, and I just had to roll my eyes. Sometimes you just want to say, "Really? That was the most creative you could be?" but of course you smile and nod and declare what a lovely name it is.

I totally surprised my sister earlier this week when she was mentioning names for her next child, and at one name I said something like "Oh I like that because then all their names would have the same meaning"...and then I had to try to explain why I randomly knew the meanings of all of those names.

Also, I'd add: You know you're a name-nerd when you cross something off your list before it becomes popular because you know it will soon skyrocket....For me, Hazel and August/Augustus are semi-crossed off of my list because The Fault in Our Stars (which features both names) is going to be made into a movie. I anticipate the movie doing well, so I think we'll start to see more Hazels, Augusts, Augustuses, and possibly even Gus.
    Last edited by ameliawilliams; June 6th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Whenever I see a film, I make sure that afterwards, I take a look at the full cast and crew list on IMDB.

I do it for every single film that I see, whether it at the cinema or on TV/DVD.

Sometimes the credits go so fast, or the writing is too small to see them properly, when the credits roll at the end. That's why IMDB is a Godsend.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College freshman.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~