Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Letters you don't like

Are there any letters that usually make you automatically dislike a name or have a prejudice against the name (makes it feel silly, made up, etc.)?

For me, I generally dislike names beginning with K with few exceptions (I like Katherine and it's varients particularly Katerina, Japanese name like Kyoko, Kismet, Krishna, Keifer, Kellen/Kellan, Kieran/Kiernan, and Kipling)
    Last edited by nymphalis antiopa; January 17th, 2014 at 09:17 PM.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Ferelith, Celandine Ceridwen, Nettle Chiyo, Pennyroyal Matilda, Dandelion Jane
    Fox Atticus, Huckleberry Ivan, Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Thistle Dorian

Crushes: Myfanwy, Merewen, Anoushka, Heliotrope, Chihiro
    Angus, Jules, Bear, Larkspur, Blue, Robin

http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/

K and hard C names, but only for boys. Conrad, Karl, Kurt, Cormac etc.. For some reason it doesn't bother me with girls name lol.
    Jessica, mama to 7 year old twins Clara and Sebastian, expecting baby boy in April 2014

I don't really like names that start with P. The only one I kind of like and would possibly use is Patrick, but that is because it would honor my mom. It would also only be a middle name. I really can't think of another P name that I like.

I too dislike "K" names, and actually can't think of a single one I do like (Katherine is not bad, but is ages beneath Catherine). I also really dislike "W" names. The only one I can think of that I tolerate is Wendy.

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jeremy Shea ~ Nolan Jack ~ Conor Arlo ~ Evan Daniel ~ Samuel Mark
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Maura ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

I hate P, U and B for both genders. No exceptions.

I hate O, H, and F for girls. With the exception of Haven and Ondine.
    And I hate A, X and Y for boys. With the exceptions of Alexander and Atlas.