Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    My boyfriend just said...

"Maggie you're definitely a name nerd, because within minutes of meeting someone for the first time, you somehow manage to find a way of getting them to divulge the names of their parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, next door neighbors and their best friend from Kindergarten. You're obsessed!"

While he's exaggerating a bit - I do admit - that when I meet someone, I do like to find out the names of their immediate family. Especially siblings, I love to find out what sibling sets other people have gone for.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I remember about five or six years ago, my dad's colleague leant him his and his two sons' season tickets when they were on holiday so my dad, me and my sister could go to a football game for free. I don't remember what the dad's name was but I did look at the names of the two sons - Aidan and Daniel. I remember being a bit confused - "Why would you give your sons names that can both nickname to the same thing - Dan?" I've since encountered another Aidan and Daniel sibset and it still perplexes me.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

@essjay - I know two sisters who both have -bel names; Annabel and Isabel. Since they were young, they were known as Annie and Izzy, but I sometimes wonder what would have happened if both had wanted to be Belle or Bella!
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

My teacher had a baby recently, and she brought it in to see the class. I'd been so excited to find out the baby's name, because I'd heard she was going to go for an Irish name and I was curious to see what she picked. The kid was named Ciara Bríd. For those of you who don't live in Ireland, Ciara is extremely popular here and two of the other teachers in the school also have daughters named Ciara, so I was rather disappointed. And Bríd is, in my opinion, the least interesting name of the Bridget family. I had to refrain from sighing.

And then there's the fact that I'm constantly asking my friends about their favorite names, and constantly being disappointed when they tell me Claire, or Sophie, or Declan. Sure, they're nice, but...unimaginative. (Declan is pretty common here too, in case you were wondering.)
    Teen writer, pianist, sci-fi geek, cat-owner and name enthusiast.

Calvin Augustus ~ Matilda Josephine
    Roland | Walter | Alonzo | Orson | Beatrice | Elspeth | Agatha | Sunny
    Fitzgerald | Winston | Montgomery | Hugo | Clemency | Zelda | Astrid | Ophelia

Haha I spent the duration of my sisters graduation ceremony the other night scanning the list of graduates because all of their middle names were listed. Then I ranted a bit to my bewildered mother about how many Lynn's, Ann's , and Nicole's I came across.( I was proud of my parents, though because my sis Alexandra Felicia stood out as one of the best combos).

I also sometimes watch baby shows on tlc to scrutinize the name at the end!