Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you ever compliment random strangers on their name choices?

Not like on the internet, but in real life. The other day I was in a public bathroom at the sink and a lady was changing her baby on the changing table, and I heard her call him Calvin. Calvin is my complete favorite boys' name that I thought nobody else in real life liked but me so I whipped around and was like OMG did I hear you right I love the name Calvin OMG! And I just got a job at a store that sells tween girl clothes so I get to hear a lot of names & I usually compliment the parents if it's something I like. Does anybody else do this or am I just weird?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I wouldn't say I do - but if I've ever been introduced to someone and it's a name I love, I'll tell them! Or if it's unusual and I like it, I will tell them then also

Yesterday I told a woman that I liked her girls' name - Elizabeth/Elisabeth! She was an adorable little red haired girl. Gah, cute.
    But yeah, I do.
    Proud creator of
    Emmanuelle, Leo Elliot, Eli Cecil, Skylla, Hian, Jules, Alicia, Nicodemus, Eamon, Andrew, Seventeen, Aurel, Blodfyr & Idra

Mixing up the favourites

All the time, I emailed some documents to a government agent last week with a PS saying how awesome I thought her name (Perpetua) was!
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

Sometimes. It depends on a person - if a met a little crying Vesper with mother here shouting at her loudly I definitely won't say a thing. But if I just talk to a person next to me in bus, I usually compliment on her/his name - we got a lot of really good names children in my area