Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A new name for Bertha- HELP!!

When I adopt a dog I like to use either the name from the shelter or a very same-sounding name. My family is considering adopting a dog named Bertha, but I actually want to avoid B names. The person who would be caring for the dog is my grandfather who has dementia. His dog, Bailey recently passed away so I don"t want a name that could confuse him into saying Bailey.

Can you think of any names that sound like Bertha. but wouldn't confuse an elderly person.

All I can think of is Eartha. I'm open to word names, names that aren't feminine, whatever.

Thanks!

How well does Bertha know her name? Varies so much among shelter dogs. Often it's easy to transition between names with the same first sound, but i understand why that's not optimal here..

Maybe Martha? Sounds kind of similar to Bertha.

I do like Martha more than Bertha! I have never named a pet a 'person name', but she's an older dog & has been in the shelter for awhile, I wouldn't want her to be confused!

I think Martha is a great option
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

I think Martha's a good idea too, but I think you should call her whatever you want. Even if she is older it shouldn't take her long to get used to another name. It's really a myth that you can't change a dog's name. I mean, if you had owned a dog for years I wouldn't just randomly change its name one day, but if she's from a shelter it's possible that they are the ones that named her in the first place so she may not even be that 'attached' to it.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan