Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    My name is Isabella, and for the first 10 or so years of my life, EVERYONE called me Isabelle. I ended up getting used to it and not even correcting them, or introducing myself as Is-a-bell-A. Even with Isabella's popularity, I still get Isabelle more often then would be expected. I suppose people aren't used to meeting Isabellas that are my age. And there are some people who have known me for years and still call me Isabelle, even though I see some of them every day.

And my last name is NEVER pronounced correctly. Ever. Some of my closest friends have got it down, but that's about it.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

My first name is very rarely mispronounced (though it's surprisingly misspelled at Starbucks) so when it does happen I'm a bit irked. My last name is constantly mispronounced and misspelled, and it drives me crazy. But I've never yelled at anyone over it. I just say, "No, not Ale-man, All-eh-mond." If I get angry over it, they won't care about saying it properly.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Well... My name is Eleni. You don't even want to know how many different ways it gets pronounced (gosh its not that hard Eh-leni). Elainie, Elleny... You don't even want to know. And trying to get people to spell it right is nearly impossible. It never really bothered me too much that people couldn't pronounce it, and now I'm so used to it being pronounced wrong that I don't even correct people anymore, unless they ask me if they pronounced it right. My friends correct people more often than I do. Because of this, I tend to choose names that are recognized and easy to pronounce, because I don't want my kids to have to constantly tell people how to pronounce it. If my name was really obvious, like IDK Alexandra, Rose, Ella, or something, it would bother me, but since my name is so unusual I'm so used to it.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Nicoletta | Natalia | Jane | Nina |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Paul | Jude | Tobias | Basil | Nico | Samuel | James | Abram |
    Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Cleo | Sylvia | Malachi | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Lachlan | Emerson |

Have a fabulous day!