Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Nope, "Ann" is pretty hard to mess up, although I constantly have people email me or write my name on something and add the "e" at the end. When we picked a name for Toby, I specifically wanted one that would be easy to hear, spell, and pronounce, and so far we haven't had any trouble.
    Ann Christine

Mommy to Tobias Kevin, nn Toby

Baby #2 coming in September!

Boy Full Names: Caleb Daniel, Casey Joseph

Other Boy Loves: Jonah, Davin, Isaac

Girl Full Names: Tiana Margret (Tia), Clara Elizabeth, Allison Margret, Kendra Ellen

Other Girl Loves: Tess, Gretchen, Coralie

My daughters name is pretty much said how it looks (Senia) but people still pronounce it wrong. She's been called Seneca, Sienna, Sen-eye-a...
    Senia Hero: 21/03/11
    Apolline Ever: 05/09/13

I'm not a mom, but my own name (Erykah) is messed up a lot, sadly. When you think about it, it spelt just how it's sounds. However, I guess the y throws people off. My name has been pronounced: Eureka, Er-EEE-kah (heavy emphasis on the y), Urek, so on and so forth. It sucks when at teacher messes up your name though. The 6th grade teacher that called me Eureka in front of my class inspired the name that my friends would tease me with for an eternity - Urethra.
    A 16 year old girl with a penchant for names (◡‿◡✿)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Current Favorites [changes frequently]:
    ♀: Sylvie, Lux, Romy, Ottilie, Maisie, Pearl
    ♂: Leo, Atlas, Ezra, Archer, Beau, Flynn

Shockingly, Antoine is nearly always pronounced correctly (save a recent person who insisted on calling him Angela). I mean by all kinds of people from all walks of life. I was surprised how well-known the name is. Now, writing it down is a different matter....
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

My daughter is Amelie, but gets Amelia quite a lot. Even after I correct certain people, they continue to call her by the wrong name. Then they wonder why she ignores them when they talk to her Call the girl by the right name and she'll talk to you!

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Ivy, Maya, Rosabel, Victoria, Alice, Molly, Annabel, Sofia.
    Charlie, Arthur, William, Isaac, Noah, Finn, Vincent, Alexander, Zachary, Oscar.