Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Leon or Lionel would be my pick.
    Wanting to be pregnant.

I too LOVE the Lion King. I think Lion is awesome as either a middle name or nickname but at the same time I can actually imagine it as a first name. My concern would be that everyone would always be asking him questions about it which might get annoying after a while. Also I am not sure about it's grow-ablity (sorry not a word). As a first name can you imagine Lion as a kid on his first day of school? As an adult going for a job interview? etc. Do you think his name will ever become a problem for him? I personally think it's a really cool name but I think I would use it as a nickname for Leonard or Lionel or something else.

However, if you are quite set on it you could always use it as his first name and pick a more common name for his middle so that he had something else to go by if he decided he didn't like Lion.

I, too, LOVE the name Lion. Not Lion King so much, haha, but I do love Lion! I plan on using it as a nn. I agree that it's just too risky--what if he's not brave? What if he's shy and he is ridiculed about his name? I was a shy kid, and I loved that my popular name made me feel like I fit in. I think any Leo name would work, even Leopold, which has no connection to the leonine family. There's also the obvious Lionel.

Plus, another reason not to use Lion? It sounds almost identical to "lying".
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

It's great as a nickname for Lionel. It works on its own too, just as much as Bear or Wolf do. I don't think it's all that crazy or weird, and I'm not usually so into noun names!

Everyone has great points of views! I did just hear about that celebrity naming his son that. So how does it work with his son but not for an everyday person like us? Or is he just weird for doing that although he does have a son named Spike too. It is a tough one. If we were to just go with Lion I would match it with a name that is grounded or classic sounding since Lion is so far out there.

Out of the Lion names I Leon and my boyfriend likes Leonardo. I tried going for Leonidas but he says it reminds him of that movie 300. Leopold isn't bad but I think of a short army man when I hear that. I am not loving Lionel either. To me Lionel is kind of a shy type kid. When the other Lion names make a statement. And if he hates his nick name he can fall back on his given name or Leo which is a family name.
    TTC #1
    Hoping to have a little Ragazzo or Ragazza soon.