Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are there any names where you like the spelling but not the pronunciation?

For example I love how names like Leopold, Junia, and Thalassa look on paper but not how they are said out loud.
    A teenage writer and name lover~
    Eugenia Rosemary, Priscilla Beatrice, Louisa Eleanor, Anastasia Faye, Valentina Jane, Flora Guinevere
    Winston Kenneth, Malachi Robin, Roscoe Carlisle, Simon Glenn, Francis Arthur, Abraham Reuben

Names I like on paper but I would be hesitant to use only because people might have pronunciation issues.

Amaryllis
    Amoret
    Ariadne
    Apolline
    Corisande
    Guinevere
    Hyacinth
    Isolde
    Thisbe
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I like the Madeline spelling but prefer the Madalynn pronunciation.

Well, I have to admit not only did I find a name I loved the look of but I used it too!

My daughter's name is Johanna - but we pronounce with a silent haitch - Jo-anna. I chose the Johanna spelling because Joanna looked just like a long squiggle when it was written out and it bugged. We just correct people.

I like Amelie, but I disklike the pronunciation "Emilie" I like it said as Ay-mah-lee. When I say it it sounds french and just absolutely adore the sound of it.
    Strive not to be a success, but rather of value
    ~Albert Einstein~