Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Wow... I'm surprised at the strong reactions here. I was just thinking about this last night.

We're pregnant with #2, 5 years after number 1. We have all the big stuff, but things like car seats, etc. have now expired. (At the time of our first child, I had no idea that car seats had expiration dates, and I purchased second-hand, so I only had 3 years left. oops.) I bought everything somewhat unisex the first time on purpose too, so we have that. But what if it's a girl? Or even if it's a boy, it's the opposite season. Or if it's twins, then most of what I do have won't work. Do I want another shower? Is it rude?

Here's my theory... I never got a family shower. Just a friends one. And I am much closer to my cousins now than I was then. I think a Sprinkle Shower would be perfect for the new baby. Just to fill in the holes, so to speak. No registries. Just a small celebration.

I've thrown sprinkle showers. I think that they are lovely, and that they make the mom feel like this baby is just as special as the last. I also think if someone wants to shower you with love (and gifts) then it's ok. If you aren't that type of person, your friends and family should already know that.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

Maybe my harsh reaction to 2nd showers is because showers (and weddings & baby birthdays) seem to be more extravagant in the NYC area/North East than other parts of America. Also, baby gear tends to be a status item by me. People are unlikely to ask for a humble Grecco or something like that, it's more of a Bob jogging stroller kind of scene! In my more rural hometown, the 2nd or 3rd shower thing seems to be very popular and I just find the whole, "well, I need stuff. I don't have the stuff I need" attitude of why a 2nd shower makes sense is so strange. It really shouldn't be anyone else's concern if someone doesn't have the baby gear from baby #1 anymore. I guess that every baby should be celebrated, but to me that doesn't mean there needs to be an organized party with a registry.