Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What to Expect When You're Expecting

Oh Em Gee. Hubby and I just watched this on netflix and I expected it to be a cheesy chick-flick, but seriously it was SO FUNNY! We were dying laughing! Maybe it's because I'm pregnant with #4 and can SO relate. What did you berries think? Have any of you seen it?

~Momma Kyra

Mommy to Oakley (7), Aspen (6), and Brecken (3)

I saw it on the recommendation of my sister. There were definitely funny parts. I really liked the c-section scene, how she described it as beautiful and perfect. I think was probably distracted by the adoption subplot, which was ridiculous. I was like, oh, this is why people ask us why we don't just adopt from Africa! Apparently, there is a big ol' warehouse full of chubby babies over there and you just fly over and pick one up in a candle-lit ceremony?

Quote Originally Posted by tarynkay View Post
    I saw it on the recommendation of my sister. There were definitely funny parts. I really liked the c-section scene, how she described it as beautiful and perfect. I think was probably distracted by the adoption subplot, which was ridiculous. I was like, oh, this is why people ask us why we don't just adopt from Africa! Apparently, there is a big ol' warehouse full of chubby babies over there and you just fly over and pick one up in a candle-lit ceremony?
    Really? I never got that from the adoption story. I'd say it's more because people are ignorant about adoption than because the movie showed that that's how it's done.

The miscarriage scene was so sad.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I loved it too!! I had a friend that was just like the model wife, pregnant with twins, and I felt just like Elizabeth Banks' character-we were pregnant at the same time and it was sooooo hard listening to easy, breezy pregnancy. It was like therapy through laughter for me!! I recommend seeing it if you haven't.

@scarletrune

Oh, I don't really think that the movie is responsible for misconceptions about international adoption. More a reflection of those misconceptions. And of course, it was a light hearted comedic romp! It wasn't really the mission of the movie to educate people about various child-bearing/rearing related issues. Still, it would have been cool if they had shown J-Lo and what'shisface bringing home an older kid, since 95% of orphans are over the age of five. You know, instead of showing a flock of potential adoptive parents getting off the adoption bus carrying infant seats.

I also thought that the miscarriage scene was really sad.