Names Searched Right Now:
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amydomsmom View Post
    Just for the record I have a friend named Alaric who simply always goes by his full name. He openly despises the nn Ric and I have never once called him that, so just in case you decide you like that name more, don't be discouraged. It usually only takes a one-time correction for people to remember not to use it. About a year ago though (when i first heard it as an option that I adored) I did ask him how he felt about using Ari as a possible nn and he said he thought that would work well and be a much better choice. I'm sorry for how rough you've had it lately, and I wish you luck with everything. Congrats to you and your family, and at least take comfort in the fact that the pregnancy is almost over so hopefully your health and your mood both improve very soon. Everyone here is rooting for you. =]

Thanks

My husband likes Alaric and Aurelius. He also thinks Ari is acceptable as a first name (I feel like it's lacking substance).

It's good to know that Alaric doesn't necessary mean "Ric", which I really don't like.. it sounds like something one of my dad's friend's would be named... just that era, you know?
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

Hey!
    Sorry to hear about your health problems, both physical and mental. Pregnancy is hard enough as it is, even without the added stress. Big hugs to you xx

I am from a family of girls and always wanted only daughters for myself. Mainly because I felt unqualified to raise boys being much more comfortable and connected with girls. Boys just seem a bit scary and UNKNOWN.

My first was a girl I was so thrilled and when I was pregnant 2nd time I really really wanted another. I have such a beautiful bond with my own sister and didnt want my daughter to miss out on the sister-sister relationship..

We didn't find out sex before birth so just bought a few boring gender neutral items to get ourselves started (our kids sharing a neutral room so no issues with nursery decoration in our case)

I think adding to my preference for a girl (or maybe because of it??) I could not get excited about any boys names, boys clothes or even imagine myself with a son.

But of course I knew it was a 50/50 possibility so scoured around for boys names that could excite me as much as our girls options (of which there were many).
    I was less motivated about looking for boys names and it took a while to find The One. But when we finally stumbled across a boys name that we both loved it was an actual turning point for me.. suddenly I found it easier to imagine myself with a little boy named that and a boy started to seem more appealing.

It wasn't actually instant name love.. it took a little while to grow on me.. but once it did I slowly fell head over heels with the name to the point where i surprised myself by almost hoping for a boy so I could use the name (especially as we having hard time narrowing down and agreeing on girls names)

Number 2 did turn out to be a boy and although I do have pangs where I feel a bit sad that my daughter doesn't have a sister, I am constantly blown away at how much I love this gorgeous little fella!! He is just the sweetest most beautiful natured little soul, and I feel just as bonded and in love with him as I did with my baby girl. My daughter is head over heels with her little brother.

I love both Alaric and especially Aurelius!

Awesome boys clothes are out there, they are just a bit harder to find!
    Check out some of these online stores for some super cool threads: (sorry no links I'm on iPhone)

Paul & Paula
    Baby Goes Retro
    Love It Love It Love It
    Littlesunflowers
    Baby Gap
    Seed Heritage
    More4boys
    Broken tricycle
    Mini Munster
    Also agree there are heaps of cool clothes for boys on Etsy (though you do have to trawl through to find)

Good luck with EVERYTHING
    Last edited by slave bracelets; June 10th, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks for the links. I've seen a few of those but definitely not all. I still haven't bought anything... just trying to look. I feel like I should be giving up and doing nothing, but I haven' done that yet either.

Thanks for sharing your story.
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

@wahpro: First I want to say thank you, so much, for being brave enough to post this thread and for being so honest. I know this is such a hush-hush, stigmatized issue to talk about and that really bugs me. The only way we can ever feel better is by being honest about how we're feeling!
    But anyway, second of all, I'm also very sorry that you're dealing with all of this. It sounds like you have a very full plate right now and I would be very overwhelmed - and it sounds like you aren't getting much support to back you up. I'm sorry your friends/family have had such lousy responses to your situation, sometimes people really just don't seem to think. At all. And it can be really frustrating and hurtful.

I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant as of tomorrow, and I've been worrying quite a bit about gender disappointment myself. For some reason, I've just always, always pictured myself having a girl. I've been obsessed with names since about the age of 10 or 11 - but only girls names! I've never had any interest in boys names at all. I've never even thought for a minute about myself having a baby boy. When I think about my husband, I see him with a girl as well. But now that my anatomy scan is 38 days away, and I'm realizing it's very possible that I have a boy, I've been getting very nervous about it. Will I be crushed? Will I be able to adjust all of my mental pictures of the future? Will I EVER be able to find a boys name I like? Will I cry at the ultrasound? Will my husband get upset if I'm disappointed? That's just a sampling of what's been running through my head...
    But now, after reading thru this thread and all of the incredibly supportive, kind, creative, and just all around awesome responses you got, I am feeling so much better. I seriously feel about 100 pounds lighter. I'm not the only one who has worried about this and there are ways to make it better! Hallelujah!!! It makes me so happy that it almost makes me cry from relief. Seriously.

So I just wanted to let you know, and all the other commenters, that this has made a huge difference for me and I can't thank you enough for it. I sincerely hope you can find better doctors soon and get back on track with your health and that you start feeling better soon, both physically and emotionally! I've struggled with depression myself for about 15 years now and it can be a real nightmare - but as you know, it always gets better. Always. And I don't doubt for a second that you're going to fall madly in love with your sweet little boy! Good luck and take care of yourself! And definitely try to stay in touch and let us know how you're doing, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be thinking about you.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

Quote Originally Posted by cvdutch31 View Post
    @wahpro: First I want to say thank you, so much, for being brave enough to post this thread and for being so honest. I know this is such a hush-hush, stigmatized issue to talk about and that really bugs me. The only way we can ever feel better is by being honest about how we're feeling!
    But anyway, second of all, I'm also very sorry that you're dealing with all of this. It sounds like you have a very full plate right now and I would be very overwhelmed - and it sounds like you aren't getting much support to back you up. I'm sorry your friends/family have had such lousy responses to your situation, sometimes people really just don't seem to think. At all. And it can be really frustrating and hurtful.

I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant as of tomorrow, and I've been worrying quite a bit about gender disappointment myself. For some reason, I've just always, always pictured myself having a girl. I've been obsessed with names since about the age of 10 or 11 - but only girls names! I've never had any interest in boys names at all. I've never even thought for a minute about myself having a baby boy. When I think about my husband, I see him with a girl as well. But now that my anatomy scan is 38 days away, and I'm realizing it's very possible that I have a boy, I've been getting very nervous about it. Will I be crushed? Will I be able to adjust all of my mental pictures of the future? Will I EVER be able to find a boys name I like? Will I cry at the ultrasound? Will my husband get upset if I'm disappointed? That's just a sampling of what's been running through my head...
    But now, after reading thru this thread and all of the incredibly supportive, kind, creative, and just all around awesome responses you got, I am feeling so much better. I seriously feel about 100 pounds lighter. I'm not the only one who has worried about this and there are ways to make it better! Hallelujah!!! It makes me so happy that it almost makes me cry from relief. Seriously.

So I just wanted to let you know, and all the other commenters, that this has made a huge difference for me and I can't thank you enough for it. I sincerely hope you can find better doctors soon and get back on track with your health and that you start feeling better soon, both physically and emotionally! I've struggled with depression myself for about 15 years now and it can be a real nightmare - but as you know, it always gets better. Always. And I don't doubt for a second that you're going to fall madly in love with your sweet little boy! Good luck and take care of yourself! And definitely try to stay in touch and let us know how you're doing, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be thinking about you.
    It has been a great thread with a lot of support and inspiration. I'm glad it's helping someone else.

I am still worried about not feeling that instant connection at birth, but I think that I will get past it at some point.
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013