Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    I totally understand about not wanting repeating first initials. I still think Gregor sounds very handsome with your girl's names though, despite the repetition! A few more suggestions without repeating first initials and keeping in mind your last name ending in "nt"...

Darius
    Thaddeus
    Emil
    Alvin
    Otto
    Klaus
    Ambrose
    Bruno
    Anders
    Darby
    Erwin/Irwin
    Heath

Quote Originally Posted by wahpro View Post
    My husband is convinced I'm depressed about the health issues and taking it out on my disappointment in the gender. I do not honestly have friends. I'm a pretty quiet person. I've stopped talking to the people I do know due to their reactions to the pregnancy and the illness. I just want nothing to do with that kind of garbage. To be frank, I was diagnosed with papillary cancer in April and had my thyroid removed surgically. The responses were "At least it's a good cancer" and "Thyroid cancer is the common cold of cancer" and "Oh, you're fine" (this is all without knowing my prognosis, pathology report, or any other details that would determine the severity).... to the comments about having a boy "Yay, we win!" and "I'm glad it's a boy. No one should get all girls" and "Serves you right after getting girls twice". So I'm pretty *over* people at this point. A lot of it was hurtful enough that I don't intend on having a relationship with these individuals again.

I've considered Phinneas, but found that Finn was so often used these days between Finn and Finley, which tend to be unisex, which is definitely not my cup of tea. I'm not sure how I feel about Drake.
    The common cold of cancer?! Sorry, but these people-- well-meaning though they doubtless were-- are idiots. I do hope your report came back node-negative?

Also, anyone after a partial or total thyroidectomy will by clinically hypothyroid. When was the last time your surgeon or endocrinologist checked your TSH? It might explain a bit of how you feel, in addition to the emotional stress. Are you on thyroid hormone replacement therapy?

Marvelous to my ear w/ Cordelia and Gretchen:

Julius
    Ambrose
    Elias
    Montgomery nn Monty
    Cassius
    Marcus
    Anders
    Last edited by blade; June 7th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

It's been quite a while since I last posted here....so if you're still looking for name suggestions (and nothing in the top 250, it seems)

Perhaps....

-Dermot
    -Niall
    -Ormond
    -Ronan
    -Augustus
    -Teague
    -Clarence
    -Hamish
    -Marshall
    -Dante
    -Balthazar
    -Ignatius
    -Stellan
    -Ioan
    -Rhys

I am not-so-secretly hoping for a girl, and have decided not to find out the gender in the hope that if I give birth to a son I will hold him in my arms and love him for the real child he is, rather than a hypothetical daughter. However, one very encouraging fact is that my sister really wanted a girl, and was shocked when she had a boy. He was born by emergency c-section and was 10 weeks early, so suffice it to say she had a number of shocks that day. Her little boy is now almost three, and he is the sweetest, gentlest, most philosophical, gorgeous little creature. On the flip side, my neighbours have two girls who, at the ages of 5 and 6, scream and cry for the majority of each day - they are truly nightmares. So, I think a lot of it is down to luck and parenting.

I want a girl, but will love a boy.
    Last edited by velvetcrush; June 7th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    The common cold of cancer?! Sorry, but these people-- well-meaning though they doubtless were-- are idiots. I do hope your report came back node-negative?

Also, anyone after a partial or total thyroidectomy will by clinically hypothyroid. When was the last time your surgeon or endocrinologist checked your TSH? It might explain a bit of how you feel, in addition to the emotional stress. Are you on thyroid hormone replacement therapy?

Marvelous to my ear w/ Cordelia and Gretchen:

Julius
    Ambrose
    Elias
    Montgomery nn Monty
    Cassius
    Marcus
    Anders
    My surgeon told me I had cancer on April 25th. I actually had to call back his office because I didn't even know there were different types of thyroid cancer (I have papillary.. he told me nothing, just that he was "surprised" that during the TT that it was "all cancer") and he was so annoyed by my phone call, I didn't ask anything else. My endocrinologist last week, when trying to convince me to do the RAI said "Well, it spread to your lymph nodes... " to which I replied "wtf?" So, needless to say, I immediately requested my medical records and have started to look for another doctor. I'm on levothyroxine (175 mcg), which is not working well for me, even after having the dosage adjusted. I am trying to find a doctor willing to prescribe naturally dessicated thyroid, but they seem to be very few and far between. My TSH level now is 4.74, which the lab says "This TSH Value is above the 98th percentile. Values in this range occur in about 2% of pregnant women and are consistent with "subclinical hypothyroidism". My T3 is high and my T4 is low, which from internet searching (since my doctors are useless at this point) is a condition called "pooling" which can stem from low iron (which I'm anemic, taking two supplements a day to try and correct it).

The "common cold" comment really sent me over the edge. I realize I'm not going to die from this, but I also know that recurrence occurs frequently and I'll have to be medicated for the rest of my life and likely struggle with side effects for as long.

Ambrose is rather handsome, as is Julius.... I think I may keep both of those on the list. I can't decide if I like Cassius. I think mostly because he may be called "Cash", which I've always felt was one of those silly status symbol type names like Armani or Lexus.

So far, I think I have Aurelius, Pierce, Alaric, Julius, Ambrose, Matthias definitely on the list. There are a few others I'm considering. It takes me a few days of saying them to myself to really get a feeling for them
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013