Names Searched Right Now:
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetcrush View Post
    I am not-so-secretly hoping for a girl, and have decided not to find out the gender in the hope that if I give birth to a son I will hold him in my arms and love him for the real child he is, rather than a hypothetical daughter. However, one very encouraging fact is that my sister really wanted a girl, and was shocked when she had a boy. He was born by emergency c-section and was 10 weeks early, so suffice it to say she had a number of shocks that day. Her little boy is now almost three, and he is the sweetest, gentlest, most philosophical, gorgeous little creature. On the flip side, my neighbours have two girls who, at the ages of 5 and 6, scream and cry for the majority of each day - they are truly nightmares. So, I think a lot of it is down to luck and parenting.

I want a girl, but will love a boy.
    I'm sure I'll love him. I'm hoping that the PPD doesn't keep me from being thrilled about him immediately though. That's one of my fears, that I won't really bond with him right away, and that freaks me out.

My husband tells me that, as well, what you mentioned about parenting. He says I shouldn't base how I feel about boys on those I've been around because, as he puts it, "Your sisters do not discipline their kids". It's hard to imagine myself with a boy. I guess soon we'll see. THis thread has been incredibly helpful to me to get ideas from other people and talk it out in general.. not to mention the lovely name and nursery suggestions
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_anton_yelchin1990 View Post
    It's been quite a while since I last posted here....so if you're still looking for name suggestions (and nothing in the top 250, it seems)

Perhaps....

-Dermot
    -Niall
    -Ormond
    -Ronan
    -Augustus
    -Teague
    -Clarence
    -Hamish
    -Marshall
    -Dante
    -Balthazar
    -Ignatius
    -Stellan
    -Ioan
    -Rhys
    Gah! I keep seeing Ignatius, and truly, I'm kind of smitten with it. I'm not a big fan of Iggy though.. do you think that's inevitable?

Pronunciation assistance on Ioan and Niall?
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by wahpro View Post
    Gah! I keep seeing Ignatius, and truly, I'm kind of smitten with it. I'm not a big fan of Iggy though.. do you think that's inevitable?

Pronunciation assistance on Ioan and Niall?

Ioan would pronounced "Yo-an". Niall would pronounced like "Ny-all".

I love Julius. And Julian, as well. And Jules. I have considered Cassius, but share your nickname fears on that one.

Some kind of nickname is probably inevitable for Ignatius. Do you like Nat? People will probably try to call him Iggy at some point. He might call himself that. I think if there is a really obvious nickname for a name that you hate, you probably shouldn't use that name. For instance, my sister wants to name her daughter Lucille, but hates the nickname Lucy. You can control what your kid is called to an extent and for awhile, but not forever.

I am so sorry about your health problems. I hope that you are able to find the support that you need to get through this!

OK, found a list of ancient greek baby names, maybe some of these will appeal. I'm glad you are finidng some inspiration here

Ignatious
    Horatio
    Orpheous
    Ulysses
    Abraxas
    Agamemnon
    Baltazar
    Damokles
    Didymous
    Helios
    Heironymous
    Kheiron