Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    What made you pick Cordelia and Gretchen for your daughters? Was it the sound of the names mostly, or is there a specific association that makes those names special to you? I get kind of a fairy tale vibe off of your daughters' names and some of your boy ideas, and would want to find a Prince Charming name for your son - masculine and classic, or even historical sounding like Aurelius or Augustus. Plus, I can picture a little boy with two very girly older sisters dressing up as a knight in shining armor to play princesses with them.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if it will be your sense of humor or not, but have you seen this? http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...-part-two.html.

I also understand your problem much better after reading your other posts, and I am sorry that people have been insensitive and rude to you.

I don't know if this will help at all, but it seems like a lot of your worry is based on how your son might act as a kid (and it sounds like little boys are pretty loud/dirty/crazy!). I'm a worrier too, so I can't say I blame you for your concerns. Maybe you could try to picture in your mind who he will be as an adult - who he will be to you and your daughters. Maybe he will be someone who is strong and supportive and who loves you in a unique and special way. I'm no expert, but its possible. Name this man - not the loud kid.
    {Eve | Vivian | Cora | Beatrix | Jane | Rowan | Clara | Helena | Celeste}

[Jack | James | Theodore | Leo | Gideon | Kieran | Simon | Oliver]

Quote Originally Posted by wahpro View Post
    Miles is top 100. Too popular for me! Probably anything in the top 250 is too popular for me.

Gabriel is more popular than Henry. It's #24.
    Ah, I see. I don't pay that much attention to the rankings, I base things more on whether or not I hear a name frequently at the park, among friends, at church, etc. I saw a map online once that showed the popularity of various names by state. That might help you, if you are concerned w. names being too popular.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrycl View Post
    What made you pick Cordelia and Gretchen for your daughters? Was it the sound of the names mostly, or is there a specific association that makes those names special to you? I get kind of a fairy tale vibe off of your daughters' names and some of your boy ideas, and would want to find a Prince Charming name for your son - masculine and classic, or even historical sounding like Aurelius or Augustus. Plus, I can picture a little boy with two very girly older sisters dressing up as a knight in shining armor to play princesses with them.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if it will be your sense of humor or not, but have you seen this? http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...-part-two.html.

lol, that was cute.

With the girls, I went to the hospital with a few names. With Gretchen, I had gone with that, Lilliana, Scarlett... and I can't remember what else. Cordelia's other options were Helena and Daphne and Elizabeth. There wasn't really a reason for either name... I tend to stick with sort of vintage-y names, though occasionally I'll like something else. Historical names would be a good way to describe them. I detest trends and made up names... I like names with more substance, I guess?
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

So sorry to hear you're having a hard time. I was shocked when I found out we are having a boy -- thought for sure it was a girl! I had a long list of girl names, but no boy names! We'll get there... I think it's a lot harder to pick a great boys name that transitions into a man's name.

For what it's worth, we already have a son, and we NEVER went the way of decorating his room with sports stuff. Not our thing. We found a great circus toile set at Target, and it was perfect. When he got older we bought him a fun polka-dot comforter for his bed. I've always managed to find really great clothes for him at Target, GapKids, and Old Navy. Not everything is great, and it's definitely challenging to find fun boy clothes that aren't all sporty/dumptrucks/whatnot, but it's possible! And if you've shopped at Mini Boden for your girls, maybe you've noticed the nice selection of boys' stuff. When my son was older I found that I really liked the Crewcuts collection from J.Crew. Lots of fun Ts that are just hilarious, especially once you start to figure out your son's personality. My son also LOVES stripey socks, so we're always scoring those from Mini Boden. It's fun. I didn't expect shopping for a boy would be as fun as shopping for a girl, but I'll be honest, I absolutely love it.

I'm sure it's hard to imagine having a boy since you already have two girls (believe me, I can't imagine having a girl now that I have a son and another on the way). Your relationship will be different with him, but just as special. Man, I wish my husband would let me have full reign over the name! LOL! I'd probably have it picked out already. ;-)

I have a feeling this will all come together for you. Having a baby is a crazy time, not matter if it's your second or third. Take good care of you, make sure you find the support you need, and ignore the people who are (for lack of a better word) an energy suck. It's obviously not helpful for people to revel in the fact that you're having a boy instead of a girl. I hope you have friends who are supportive. Definitely check back -- I'm sure we'd all love to hear about the arrival of your sweet little guy. He will be the Boy King to his sisters! :-)