Edwin
    Winston
    Victor
    Prescott
    Corbin
    Matthias
    Samuel
    Lawrence

Looking forward to seeing how things go for you.
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

Quote Originally Posted by tarynkay View Post
    I really like Aurelius, and Alaric. And Miles. It is really that popular? I know that Henry is, though I don't know any little Henry's. I do know a little Aurelio, and he goes by Aury. I love it- cute nickname for a handsome grownup name. May I suggest Gabriel?

Miles is top 100. Too popular for me! Probably anything in the top 250 is too popular for me.

Gabriel is more popular than Henry. It's #24.
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

Sorry if I missed this earlier, but how much have you been able to share with your husband about how you're feeling? Or any friends that live close by? Or live far away but know how to use Amazon? From your description of how empty and bare the room is, it sounds like it could help you a lot if someone would just go put a teddy bear in it or something. You wouldn't even necessarily have to tell them that you're feeling depressed because you were hoping for a girl (since you started this thread expecting haters, I'm guessing that's the reaction you expect from some people in real life too). You have a 3 and a 4 year old, you're feeling completely overwhelmed by having to start from scratch decorating in non-pink colors in between everything else that's already on your plate, and you could really use some help.

As for names...maybe if you like Pierce you'll also like Drake, which means Dragon and gives you a cute story about your daughters picking the name. Phinneas also has a meaning that's related to Dragon, and is kind of similar to Aurelius.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrycl View Post
    Sorry if I missed this earlier, but how much have you been able to share with your husband about how you're feeling? Or any friends that live close by? Or live far away but know how to use Amazon? From your description of how empty and bare the room is, it sounds like it could help you a lot if someone would just go put a teddy bear in it or something. You wouldn't even necessarily have to tell them that you're feeling depressed because you were hoping for a girl (since you started this thread expecting haters, I'm guessing that's the reaction you expect from some people in real life too). You have a 3 and a 4 year old, you're feeling completely overwhelmed by having to start from scratch decorating in non-pink colors in between everything else that's already on your plate, and you could really use some help.

As for names...maybe if you like Pierce you'll also like Drake, which means Dragon and gives you a cute story about your daughters picking the name. Phinneas also has a meaning that's related to Dragon, and is kind of similar to Aurelius.
    My husband is convinced I'm depressed about the health issues and taking it out on my disappointment in the gender. I do not honestly have friends. I'm a pretty quiet person. I've stopped talking to the people I do know due to their reactions to the pregnancy and the illness. I just want nothing to do with that kind of garbage. To be frank, I was diagnosed with papillary cancer in April and had my thyroid removed surgically. The responses were "At least it's a good cancer" and "Thyroid cancer is the common cold of cancer" and "Oh, you're fine" (this is all without knowing my prognosis, pathology report, or any other details that would determine the severity).... to the comments about having a boy "Yay, we win!" and "I'm glad it's a boy. No one should get all girls" and "Serves you right after getting girls twice". So I'm pretty *over* people at this point. A lot of it was hurtful enough that I don't intend on having a relationship with these individuals again.

I've considered Phinneas, but found that Finn was so often used these days between Finn and Finley, which tend to be unisex, which is definitely not my cup of tea. I'm not sure how I feel about Drake.
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

More name ideas. Apparently the "prince" in Rapunzel is named Eugene? Not sure if that's your style at all...I think of it as a similar vintage to Henry, but not nearly as trendy now. Or you could also use his nickname, Flynn.