Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wahpro View Post
    I'm not really sure how to respond to the video, but thank you for sharing what works for you.
    You could try watching it and attempting the technique, because it very well might help? Did you? I know people who have freed themselves from clinical depression using this stuff. Good luck!
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

I actually don't have any baby things. I detest clutter and the moment the girls grew out of things they were donated (except clothing, I turned those items into baby quilts). What did you purchase that you consider the bare minimum? My husband is quite insistent that we get what is necessary for the first month, including a name. I don't know anyone who has had a baby arrive home nameless. I've seen it a few times on Nameberry though, so it obviously does happen!

I think I'm a loving mom. I adore my children. Even with the PPD, I did from the moment they were born. I would like to think things will be the same way this time.

I have been looking at links and whatnot because I do need some things. At this point, it's just an empty room.. it even echoes. I figure I have to purchase bedding, some clothes, and a carseat. Most other things can wait. Except perhaps a stroller... I can't imagine just sitting at home for weeks. At any rate, I think the necessities list is fairly short, and as many have said, I can wait on most things. That empty room though, in and of itself, is quite depressing. If that makes sense? Like, I can't find anything I like, but the thought of just throwing the first crib in there that I find with basic sheets seems sad too?

I have seen a few names I think are okay. I talk myself out of a great many of them, usually due to popularity (I liked Henry before I got really depressed, but it's #43!) I'm trying not to force it, but I don't want to do nothing either. This thread has actually been really helpful with all of the suggestions. Guess sometimes it's easier for other people to think of what you can't (in this state of mind).
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mrstoon View Post
    You could try watching it and attempting the technique, because it very well might help? Did you? I know people who have freed themselves from clinical depression using this stuff. Good luck!
    Yes, I did watch it a few times and followed along. I cannot say I feel an improvement, but I do appreciate the suggestion.
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

here are a few pics I found when searching for "sahbby chic boy's nursery" you can totally have elegance, scrollwork, white, and pastel, and still have it read as "baby boy".

http://www.interiorholic.com/photos/...gn-ideas-7.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Sl-4jYYkFy...al+nursery.jpg

Maybe a Beatrix Potter/Peter Rabbit theme? Old-school Winnie the Pooh?

Beatrix Potter nursery: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__xO20y0jjs...0/east0043.JPG
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

Sorry you feel this way, I can tell you from experience that having a son is amazing, and I wouldn't change it for the world. He's such a mummy's boy, he paints me pictures and brings me little presents (though I don't think a snail from the garden is going to get pride of place in the house anytime soon ,sorry Nico) We did his room up in neutral colours and have kept the same nursery for this baby, only replacing a few bits and pieces that needed to be. We don't know the gender but have moved Nico into his own room now, and let him choose a few items. His favourite colour is red, so there's a lot of red stuff in there, but we've given him a stripy duvet set, no cartoons, though he's got a few toys of his favourite characters that he plays with. He's not too into sports at the moment, but he does like playing ball in the garden with my husband now the weather's better. I had a slight preference for a girl, as I thought it would be easier to raise one from my own childhood memories, but as soon as they placed Nico in my arms I fell in love with him.
    My two bundles of love, Dominic Joseph and Tabitha Faye