Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Hello,

I'd like to share a technique with you which is extremely fast and effective at reducing stress, anxiety, depression, anger, physical pain, emotional pain, and basically anything that you'd like to let go of. This video is a very basic introduction to the mindset and techniques. The creator of this process has hundreds of videos on youtube where you can learn more about it, or visit his website at www.fastereft.com . I can personally attest to the effectiveness of this stuff. Watch this video and follow along when instructed. I can almost guarantee that you will feel better about your situation afterward, and will hopefully begin to be more excited about your baby boy. If you have any questions or would like more links, let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAhNSHNyGd4
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

I'm not really sure how to respond to the video, but thank you for sharing what works for you.
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling with this. I know that it took a lot of courage to come forward with your concerns and seek advise. It sounds like you have sought out a good team of support (therapist etc) and that you are aware of the effect that all of this has on your mental health. Depression and PPD are serious stuff.

I cannot really offer much advise but one of my favorite blogs, apartment therapy has a whole section of exquisitely decorated nursuries. I hope you will find inspiration there!
    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/categories/nursery_kids
    One day...

Quote Originally Posted by alizarin View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling with this. I know that it took a lot of courage to come forward with your concerns and seek advise. It sounds like you have sought out a good team of support (therapist etc) and that you are aware of the effect that all of this has on your mental health. Depression and PPD are serious stuff.

I cannot really offer much advise but one of my favorite blogs, apartment therapy has a whole section of exquisitely decorated nursuries. I hope you will find inspiration there!
    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/categories/nursery_kids
    Thanks for the link! I didn't know Apartment Therapy covered nurseries and I do sometimes find interesting decor ideas on their site. Appreciate it!
    Mom to:

Gretchen Sofia
    Cordelia Violet

due July 2013

I have never been through anything like this, so I can't really understand how you feel. I am sorry you are going through this, though! I hope that you are able to find some peace soon.

Since you have two older children, you probably have all of your baby essentials, right? At this point, I would just say to give yourself permission to meet him first, before you buy anything or come up with a name. You looked at the links people gave you, you considered name suggestions. As you said, you are waiting to fall in love with something. That makes perfect sense to me.

It will be summer as you said, just get him a pack of plain white onesies and some plain crib sheets and call it good. You could have your girls decorate the onesies with fabric markets, that might help them to feel like they are welcoming their brother home. We had the bare minimum prepared before our son came home, and it was fine. It really was not a problem at all, and it many ways, it was better for us. We didn't got get anything until we needed it. This way, we didn't end up with a lot of stuff he never used. Anyhow, it is totally possible to buy stuff afterwards. You can always find cute stuff online when you're up all night with him in those early days. There is so much variety these days. You absolutely do not need anything w. footballs on it.

I promise you that he won't care that you didn't have everything ready. You sound like a really loving mom, and I am sure that you will eventually want to express that love by kitting out his nursery, since you seemed to have enjoyed that process with your older children. You just aren't psychologically ready to do that yet, and that is fine. I do get that. I found the whole process completely overwhelming.

I totally get why you want to have the name picked ahead of time and the nursery decorated ahead of time. But given your state of mind, I wouldn't force it. Sure naming him later on may be a little more paperwork, but it is better than giving him a name you are not excited about and then wanting to change it, right? It is completely fine to bring home Baby Boy Lastname and figure it out later. Just tell everyone that you wanted to meet him first. Quite a few of our friends have done this, waited to name the baby, and it never even occurred to me to wonder why.