Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    @milasmama - that was a huge part of why I didn't want to find out the gender...I hoped to get comments like "I wonder if he/she will have your sense of humor" or "Do you think he/she will like animals/play sports/love to read?" and not "Oh, she's going to be such a princess" or "Little boys are so active". It didn't work. All I've gotten is "THAT OUTFIT IS FOR A BOY, THOUGH" and "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF TOYS TO BUY?!?". I didn't realize it was illegal to put anything remotely blue on a baby girl and that toys for infants were gender specific
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

@leadmythoughts

Yes, people can get insane about it. Even Dreft comes in Blue for Boys and Pink for Girls now. I really think that this is done so that corporations can sell twice as much baby junk. Someone posted a helpful flowchart on another thread about how to determine whether a toy was for boys or girls. I can't figure out how to paste it in here, but here is a link to it: http://www.duelinganalogs.com/infogr...boys-or-girls/

Quote Originally Posted by leadmythoughts View Post
    @milasmama - that was a huge part of why I didn't want to find out the gender...I hoped to get comments like "I wonder if he/she will have your sense of humor" or "Do you think he/she will like animals/play sports/love to read?" and not "Oh, she's going to be such a princess" or "Little boys are so active". It didn't work. All I've gotten is "THAT OUTFIT IS FOR A BOY, THOUGH" and "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF TOYS TO BUY?!?". I didn't realize it was illegal to put anything remotely blue on a baby girl and that toys for infants were gender specific
    LOL! Yup, it is totally ingrained in a lot of people. The princess culture around girls is insane.
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett

I never got into the princess thing. I loved dressing up, and I hated wearing pants, but princesses? meh. I found them boring and silly. My mother was and is a staunch feminist and she edited fairy tales so the damsel was not in distress.

Instead, I was obsessed with horses. Horse toys, horse books, horse art, drawing horses, riding lessons...I finally got my real horse when I was 16 after years of begging. Much better than princesses. XD
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper