Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    @milasmama - that was a huge part of why I didn't want to find out the gender...I hoped to get comments like "I wonder if he/she will have your sense of humor" or "Do you think he/she will like animals/play sports/love to read?" and not "Oh, she's going to be such a princess" or "Little boys are so active". It didn't work. All I've gotten is "THAT OUTFIT IS FOR A BOY, THOUGH" and "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF TOYS TO BUY?!?". I didn't realize it was illegal to put anything remotely blue on a baby girl and that toys for infants were gender specific
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

@leadmythoughts

Yes, people can get insane about it. Even Dreft comes in Blue for Boys and Pink for Girls now. I really think that this is done so that corporations can sell twice as much baby junk. Someone posted a helpful flowchart on another thread about how to determine whether a toy was for boys or girls. I can't figure out how to paste it in here, but here is a link to it: http://www.duelinganalogs.com/infogr...boys-or-girls/

Quote Originally Posted by leadmythoughts View Post
    @milasmama - that was a huge part of why I didn't want to find out the gender...I hoped to get comments like "I wonder if he/she will have your sense of humor" or "Do you think he/she will like animals/play sports/love to read?" and not "Oh, she's going to be such a princess" or "Little boys are so active". It didn't work. All I've gotten is "THAT OUTFIT IS FOR A BOY, THOUGH" and "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF TOYS TO BUY?!?". I didn't realize it was illegal to put anything remotely blue on a baby girl and that toys for infants were gender specific
    LOL! Yup, it is totally ingrained in a lot of people. The princess culture around girls is insane.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Bram, Abel Octavian, Abel Roscoe
    Lyra Blythe, Delphi Winter, Elowen Sage, Inka Blythe, Anouk Thessaly

I never got into the princess thing. I loved dressing up, and I hated wearing pants, but princesses? meh. I found them boring and silly. My mother was and is a staunch feminist and she edited fairy tales so the damsel was not in distress.

Instead, I was obsessed with horses. Horse toys, horse books, horse art, drawing horses, riding lessons...I finally got my real horse when I was 16 after years of begging. Much better than princesses. XD
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper