Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Best portmanteaus you've heard on a girl?

Hey Berries!

I just wanted to ask what are some of the best portmanteaus you've heard and whether there would be any you would consider using. I know this is a terrible example, but I truly love the sound of JonBenet. Not for the name and I would certainly never use anyway. That is one association that I doubt will ever go away. However, it does so pleasing with that crisp French ending, so I just wondered if you could think of a double barrel name that has a similar feel.

Portmanteau is a combination of two or more words/names put together (in case I didn't explain it well.)

Thanks!

P.S I apologize if anyone find my JonBenet Ramsey reference offensive, I just like the sound purely based on aesthetics.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

Okay then....

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

I recently posted how i want to use the smoosh name Ivybel

nothing else pops to mind :/

Quote Originally Posted by sodallas3 View Post
    I know this is a terrible example, but I truly love the sound of JonBenet.
    I adore her name too! I find myself thinking about Benet as a middle name for a lot of my favorites, but the tragic association overshadows it. (Also I'm afraid it would get mispronounced as Bennett.)

To answer your original question, I only have a few in the back of my head to honor multiple people at once, and I would only use them in the middle name spot. Jaselynn (pronounced like Jocelyn but with a long A) would honor my husband, his mother, and my twin sister all in one shot, and I know it won't get good feedback on here but I find the sound delightful. I would also consider combining my sisters' middle names into something like Gracelynn.

The first that comes to mind for me is AnnaSophia (as in the actress AnnaSophia Robb). I've always found it to be a stunning name, though I'm usually not a fan of portmanteaus.
    Twenty-something musician, yogini and name lover who dreams of strolling the boulevards of Paris by day and writing songs by night.

Mes prénoms préfères;

Elodie ~ Sylvie ~ Vivienne ~ Giovanna ~ Beatrice ~ Seraphina ~ Marguerite ~ Edith ~ Cosette ~ Isadora ~

Alexander ~ Marcel ~ Elias ~ Nicholas ~ James ~ Henry ~ Rowan ~ Django ~ Kai ~ Tristan ~ Luca