Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kelly

My 15 year old brother is named Kelly after Kelly Slater. It suits him and he gets called Kel...but Smelly by his friends, which he doesn't seem to mind surprisingly!

I just asked him what he thinks of it....his response "I love it, because people remember me. No one ever meets any other boys named Kelly."

All in all, it hasn't caused any problems for him. Personally, I think it would be a fabulous middle name considering it has family significance.

Mim.
    Just Dreaming....
    Ladies: Lila, Poppy, Matilda, Florence, Imogen, Eulalie, Grace, Marigold, Hermione, Gemma, Celia, Violet and Willa
    Gentlemen: Jack, Harrison, Maxwell, Hugo, Otto, Lincoln, Felix, Tristan, Charlie, Ned/Ted/Ed/Edward, Oliver and August

I'm a Kelly, and I've always thought that Kelly was a very handsome name for a boy. The Kelly fellows I have met have all been handsome, in a dark and sparkling kind of way. Roguish and playful.
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

Anything (or maybe nearly anything) goes as a middle name. I don't think Kelly would cause any problems at all.

Kelly is one of those names I'd love to see revived for boys. It's so handsome.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

Quote Originally Posted by goodhope View Post
    Anything (or maybe nearly anything) goes as a middle name. I don't think Kelly would cause any problems at all.

Kelly is one of those names I'd love to see revived for boys. It's so handsome.
    I second this (and I am a male Kelly myself)!

@namefan, it doesn't get better than to hear from a male Kelly and get the go ahead! Thanks!

@alzora, yes the name nerd in me loves traditional male names (Ashley, Lauren, Kelly) and is mad they went to the girls!

@mim, thank you for asking your brother! I love his answer! Such a great perspective!

Well I'm convinced it would make a great middle but I won't bother trying to get DH onboard until there is a reason!