Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are these sibling names too similar?

Our current children are Dylan (girl) and Sullivan (Sully), and the name we love the most for another boy is Calvin (Cal). My only concern is that the three names sound too similar because of their endings, and I don't intend to be matchy. For what it's worth, we use the nickname Sully 90% of the time and plan to use Cal the same. I've looked at a ton of other full name options for the nickname Cal and don't love any of them, and don't want to use Cal as a full name.

Other names we are considering, but don't love as much as Calvin are Dexter (Dex) and Gus (we like August, but are having an August baby).

So are Dylan, Sullivan, and Calvin too similar? I'd love any comments or other suggestions on names, it's starting to stress me out.

I think it totally works, especially if you mostly use the nn and they are a nice sibling set.

I like that they all have the 'an/in' ending. Has a good ring to it

I think it's alright to use if it is your absolute favorite name. The ending sounds are a bit matchy, but the names have completely different 'feels' to them, and the beginning syllable(s) are very different.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Quote Originally Posted by javad View Post
    I think it's alright to use if it is your absolute favorite name. The ending sounds are a bit matchy, but the names have completely different 'feels' to them, and the beginning syllable(s) are very different.
    I agree with this. Do you like the entire name of Calvin, or just the nn Cal? If the latter, what about Malcolm nn Cal?
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina