Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Isis.

I have no idea where I read it (possibly nameberry!) and only came across it today. Very tempted to use it if our next baby is a girl.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas, Callahan, Caius, Ezra, Bram, Atticus, Aspen, Sylvan, Constantine, Perrin & Pascoe
    Lyra, Elodie, Elowen, Isis, Artemis, Sylvia, Vesper, Anouk, Willa, Cassia, Elka & Sage

Right now.....

Holiday- it's so light and cheerful
    Rose- so sweet, simple yet feminine and dignified
    Daphne- happy and quirky, yet classic and historic
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I'm liking:
    Fiora
    Vivia
    Aziza
    Clove
    Frankie
    Freesia
    Haven
    Inez
    Lilac
    Leoline
    Shoshana
    Sybilla
    Thisbe

Yeah, I know I have a lot of name crushes haha. I usually like longer, elegant names, so my crushes tend to be shorter and fresher names. I can't really explain why I like them, I just love how they're all a little offbeat. Inez, Lilac, and Shoshana have grown on me over time and the rest are names that I've never heard on a person, but have heard on nameberry and have since fell in love with them I like this question!
    Last edited by rileymc1234; June 5th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

Juliet, Arabella, Willow, Camilla, Genevieve, Lorelai, Clarice, Emmeline, Isla, Giselle, Eloise, Amelia, Mabel, Eliora, Aurelia, Emalina, Maëlys, Lumina, Lavender, Seraphina

Jeremy, Declan, Camden, Leo, Luca, Oliver, Rhys, Griffin, Milo, Micah, Yves, Rémy, Theo, Jasper, Gavin, Anders, Samson, Félix, Ollivander, Maxim

Is it a name that was new to you or one that has grown on you gradually?

Merit.

Where did you hear it?

Not sure where I heard it originally.

What in particular do you love about it?

I always like the sound but always shied away from it because I didn't think it was a real name. Then recently I was watching a programme about the ancient Egyptians and found out that Merit is a real name after all. Upon discovering I was free to love it, I did so whole heartedly
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

My latest name crush is Cecilia. I had heard it as a little girl on one of the older ballerinas in my dance class, I thought it was a pretty name, but haven't really thought much about it until now. To me, Cecilia is just stunning and I think it would work well on a little girl or on a grown up. Plus the nn CeCe is pretty great.