A new name for Bertha- HELP!!

When I adopt a dog I like to use either the name from the shelter or a very same-sounding name. My family is considering adopting a dog named Bertha, but I actually want to avoid B names. The person who would be caring for the dog is my grandfather who has dementia. His dog, Bailey recently passed away so I don"t want a name that could confuse him into saying Bailey.

Can you think of any names that sound like Bertha. but wouldn't confuse an elderly person.

All I can think of is Eartha. I'm open to word names, names that aren't feminine, whatever.

Thanks!

tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

"Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie