Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Smile Adelynn Jane with Adam Joseph?

We are expecting our second baby in July. We did not find out the gender. Girls names are where we are having the most trouble.
    I think I like Adelynn Jane, but our son's name is Adam Joseph. I kinda think it is fun that they would have the same initials. AJO
    My son says he thinks that Adelynn is too close to Adam. ( he is almost 5) Opinions?
    Our other girl names are Kate Grace, which is what we would have called him if he were a girl, and Elaina Jane.
    Thanks!

I really like Kate Grace. I don't like it together it sounds a little too informal and they both are filler middle names. I'm sorry but I do not like Adelynn it's nms

Your son Adam is a bright 5-year-old and he may be a mini-Nameberry in the making. Adelynn and Adam not only share the same initial but an "AD" beginning and a similar sound at the end. Adelynn is also VERY trendy. With Adam, I like Jane, Grace and Kate for first names. Elaina is ok. Kate Grace doesn't flow well. You seem to have an affection for girls names with a pronounced "a" sound.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbeauty View Post
    I really like Kate Grace. I don't like it together it sounds a little too informal and they both are filler middle names. I'm sorry but I do not like Adelynn it's nms
    ok so you like Kate Grace but you don't like it together, which means NO you don't like Kate Grace right??? You like the names but separatly as middle names only? is that what you are saying?

in all the research I have done, I am not finding Adelynn to be trendy. Addison in several spelling and the nick name Addy being used a lot- which I would try to avoid, I am not a nick name person- but not Adelynn specifically. The only list I have found it on is like a top 100 and it was way down the list.
    My husband and I have picked the names together. We Like the idea of 2 vowels together Adam and Ian, Elaina, Adelynn. Like my cousins children are Aiden Ella and ...James. Just doen't flow for us.
    We had about 4 other names on the long list, but eliminated them They were not all A names and not all vowels either...