Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Too close for comfort?

I just realized this morning, that a few of my favorite names have very similar sounds.
    For example,
    Lachlan Alexander
    Lavender Alina
    and Evander Alcott

Lachlan and Lavender have the same beginning letter, would that mean a third baby needs an L name?
    And Alexander, Lavender, and Evander all have the ---ander ending. Alexander will be in the middle, so it's not a huge concern, (All A starting middles is purely coincidence!) but would have Lavender and Evander as siblings be way too close? Both would have A nicknames too, (Avee (Ah-vee) and Anders respectively!)

These are my three favorite names, if I were to have two boys and a girl, these would be them, do I need to rethink upon this new revelation?!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

Lavender and Evander are much too close. As well as Evander and Alexander.

Why not Lachlan Evander and Lavender Alina?

Bah.... I was hoping I was just reading too much into it.... Oh that's so frustrating!

It needs to stay Lachlan Alexander I think, Lachlan is my favorite name, pretty much unheard of where I live! Whereas Alexander is my Fiances absolute favorite boys name, he would use it as a first if I would allow it. To him it's the epitome of a masculine, strong boys name and he loves it, so I made the concession to use it in the middle of our first sons name. I get the ultimate final say/name veto when it comes to our future children, because, in his words "I have researched and I know" (In the same way I would defer to him in subject where he knows more!) But in an effort to make us both as happy as possible with the names of our future offspring I decided our first son if we have one should be a combination of both our favorite names, luckily they happen to flow nicely together and with his last name.

I can't believe I didn't realize how close Lavender and Evander are! I was just thinking in my head his morning that if we have four kids, they would be Lachlan, Lavender, Evander and *yet to be determined*, but now, I definitely see it, and I do agree.... Boys names are so difficult for me though, Lachlan and Evander have been my two favorites for the longest, (Lachlan for 8 years, Evander for maybe 2?) and I think I'm more willing to give up Evander than Lavender, but I love the nn Anders for Evander! Fiance is Andrew and I think it would be a great way to honour him without having an Andrew jr!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I almost even think that two of the Alexander, Lavender and Evander trio are too much. Except maybe if you have twins and they are all middle names.
    But, I'd still keep them on your list. Until, you are actually naming your kiddo I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Endora & Lorelei
    trying to narrow down.....Dexter, Victor, Gideon, Hendrik, Oberon, Cedric
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)]

I just tried saying all 3 names out loud, such a tongue twister, try saying it 3 times fast! Alexander Lavender Evander, way too much imo. I would maybe move a couple to the middle like have:

Lachlan Alexander
    Alina Lavender
    Evander Alcott

I think having a Lachlan and Lavender means if you want another, you should stick with the L theme, unless you plan on having 2+ more, otherwise the third one might feel left out. And personally, it just bugs me because it looks kind of sloppy, not sure how to explain it, but I think once you start a theme, even if you didn't mean to, you should stick with it, BUT that's just MY opinion.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables