Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Name Fears

Question Name Fears

What would you do if you have two favorite names for one gender? Seeing as we can't plan to have specific gendered children, would you strap both faves to the child or wait in case you have another one of the same gender?

I always go back and forth on this. I have two favorite girls names. One is going to be a definite for our first girl (DH loves it). I keep debating if I should use the second as a middle name or save it. But then the negatives: what if I use it as a middle name but then have another daughter? I will miss out on the opportunity to use it on her. Or what if I save it and never have another daughter!?

Very irrational.. But this is what goes through my head when contemplating names!

Do you have any name fears?
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

I often wonder the same thing, I have many favorites. I would hesitate to use more than one of my favorite names for one child, purely because what if?! Like you said, there's no telling what else will come! My mothers friend, for example, named her first son, ***** Shawn, (not using the full name for privacy reasons!), and then had a second son, and named him Shawn *****, she obviously loved the name Shawn, and still wanted to use it as a first despite her first son. But, as name nerds, I don't think any of us would give up the opportunity to use another name, and re-use one we already had. I sometimes worry I will choose the wrong name for my first son, I love my top 2 both pretty equally! Exactly how you feel, what if I can use one and not the other?!

Rough n Tumble
    Lachlan Alexander
    Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Pretty in Pink
    Lavender Irie
    Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

When it comes to girls names, my DH and I only have a couple of names we both agree on! When it comes to the boys name, though, we had 2 we both LOVED! We decided to save one for a middle name, since they were equally as great and didn't want to use one as a middle name (since most people don't go by their middle names).

I love so many names so it would be impossible for me to crank out a dozen daughters to get them all!

I picked a favorite that suited her & used the middle to honor family, that way I wasn't tempted to use names I love that I might get to really use!

Glad I'm not the only one with name fears! Guess time will tell what I choose to do with my girls names lol
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3