Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maggiemary View Post
    Given that if you combine all the spellings of Everly from 2012, there were about 600 (with Everly being the most used spelling), it's not that uncommon really. Certainly not that uncommon it can be seen as copying!

Admittedly it's not widespread, but I think about 600 is still a significant enough number, when you consider some names really are used only a handful of times.

As for the name, it's not something I'd use, but it's not as bad as some celebrity names.
    600 births would put the name right around the #500 mark.

I was hoping they'd use something nicer but yeah, it's not as bad as other celebrity names.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Everly definitely isn't my naming style but they apparently love it so congratulations to them! Whatever makes people happy you know?
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

If it's a boy: Tristan Ambrose Galahad~Tristan Amadeus~Ambrose Galahad
    If it's a girl: Genevieve Sybilla Tallis~Genevieve Claire~Elsa Genevieve~Esme Adora

i dont think you need to name your child in view of making yourself appear interesting. people have different tastes and different ideas on what naming a child means for themselves.

Nothing very interesting but they are celebrities. Very few of them are creative good namers - so the most of stars either use crazy names (Mowgli, Banana) or something well-known (Charlotte, Thomas).
    Everly is kinda trendy and popular so it fells in the second category. It's not really my style but not bad at all - and remember we don't know baby's middle name, maybe it's something gorgeous and compliments the first name(if not Rose). With parents Channing and Jenna, both quite trendy names, Everly goes just fine.
    So I am not impressed(I am not very familiar with them though) but it's their child and their choice. Not we all should name kids Ava or Persephone. I think little Everly will be very pretty and may bear her name well.
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

I'm curious how Everly is so boring. I certainly wouldn't see it as a common name. I've seen the mention of Everly here on Nameberry many times regarded as a sweet and ethereal name but now suddenly a celebrity uses it and it's boring? Haha. I guess we're used to expecting crazy names like Apple and Blanket so Everly becomes boring? I think Everly is sweet and pretty and will be perfectly fitting for this inevitably gorgeous little girl.