Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Channing Tatum's newborn daughter is named Everly - I'm not too impressed, and you?

It has been revealed that Tatums named their new addition Everly (I know, Daily Mail isn't the best source, but...) - I have been expecting something better, and you? Isn't that a kind of copy of Cam Gigandet's Everleigh?
    Zelda Astrid - 21.02.2011
    Dashiell Roman Leif - 15.05.2013
    I'm expecting a GIRL in april!

I'm not that impressed either, but tbh wouldn't have expected brilliance from them!
    Mother to miss Mila Arden and her brand new brother, Cato Bennett

Don't like the name too much but it's better than the average celebrity name.
    How is it a copy though? Is it copying to name a child something you like, which so happens to be the name of some other celebrity's child? I don't know, is there some link between Dewan/Tatum and that Gigandet-guy, because otherwise I really don't see the problem.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

You're perfectly right, shivibziks, it was a bit unclear what I posted here. I just meant that Gigandet (I'm really keen tabloid reader, I admit) was the first to use this name (with different spelling), which is quite rare and that's why Tatums choice recalled me it - and ditto people commented article on Mail Online.
    Zelda Astrid - 21.02.2011
    Dashiell Roman Leif - 15.05.2013
    I'm expecting a GIRL in april!

I actually like it. It's beautiful and different, but not ridiculous by any means, compared to other celebrity baby names at least. On the Cam Gigandet note, Anthony Kiedis from Red Hot Chili Peppers was the first to use the name-Everly Bear- back in 2007, although Everly is a boy.

Everly is a surprising pick, but Ev names have been popular for a while, so with that said it's not completely unusual. I wouldn't really consider it copying, because while yes, Cam used it before Jenna and Channing, Cam isn't a big enough celebrity where the name will always be linked with him. If Brangelina had named one of their daughters Everly,I think then I suppose you could say Jenna and Channing copied Brangelina.

Names aside I think we can all agree that Everly is going to be gorgeous.
    Last edited by susan.n; June 4th, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Only 19 but a name lover!

Favorites:
    Girls:
    Top Five:Charlotte Belle,Emilia Alice,Clara Eve,Norah Lucille,and Adelaide/Adeline Pearl
    Other Favorites:Violet Isabelle,Lucy Arwen, Lila Josephine, Olive Beatrix,Amelie Sophia, Audrey Catherine,Louisa Caroline,Eliza Maeve,and Matilda Sophie
    Boys:
    Henry Caspian, Rory Philip,Asher Flynn, Jack Elias, and Gideon James