Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by boyandgirl View Post
    I also mean no offense, but I would just put Ryan or Rylann in the middle name spot. To me, Archer and Rylann sounds like two brothers. I know what you mean about husbands never suggesting names, but I would hate the one name my husband came up with.
    Completely agree with this. To me, Rylinn and Rilynn look like trendy spellings of Rylan, which is a fairly popular boys name.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

It seems like you're worried over the name you choose sounding too boyish, but to me Rylinn/Rylann seem just as "masculine" as Ryan. If you're absolutely convinced that the name that honors her brother has to be her first, you might be kinda stuck. Are you sure you don't want to just go with Ryan?

It's been established as a unisex name by now (while still tilting male, of course), and even though all three variations - Ryan, Rylan, and Ryland - are more popular for boys than girls, Ryan is still used on girls more than the other two (For girls: Ryan at #607, Rylan at #744, Ryann at #789, and Ryland doesn't even rank). It has history as a legitimate name and is the most straightforward way to honor your brother; I think it's lovely, albeit unconventional, on a girl.

I think the most important thing is that you love it. That's really all that matters

Having said that, I'm not particularly feeling any of these...they seem too masculine compared to the names you've said you actually like. You stated your brother's name was Ryan Hunter (i believe), and that Archer came from Hunter. Hunter is also a shade of green, so a name that has a green meaning could work (Chloe, Jade, Fern, Clover, Olive). Or you could consider using one of the more feminine names you love, and using Ryan as a middle name?

Again, whatever you chose will be wonderful as long as you love the name and it pays a tribute to your brother.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I read through all of the comments, and I can't remember which poster suggested this, but my favorite is Rylan.

As others have said: You go with what you love. This is a beautiful and wonderful way to honor your Ryan.
    mamacravings.com
    Everything a mama could want

Blessed mama to 3 year-old Elijah Myles & to 6 precious angels babies.

crushes:
    Amelia Wren, Charlotte Adair, Josepine Elise, Genevieve Ruth, Susanna Caroline, Cordelia Mae

Josiah Davis, Charles Asher, Jeremiah August, Lawrence Henry

Out of your two spellings, I think Rylinn is the easiest to pronounce. I want to throw in a suggestion of Reilly as a 6 letter name to honor Ryan.