Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rylinn? Rilynn? and middles?

So I already know this name is not most of your style (as it wasn't even mine until like 3 weeks ago). I have ditched Ryanne since most people I said anything to said they met girls named Ryanne pronounced like Ryan instead of Ry-anne. My husband was trying to push Ryland for a girl, because he knew one and they were good friends. I veto'd that, but him suggesting to honor my brother was so sweet I had to try to salvage it.. He NEVER recommends names. SO if you HAD to spell it to honor Ryan would you go with
    Rylinn or Rilynn

We all have 6 letter first names, so I'm trying to continue that. I'd love to use a classic middle to balance it out since it sounds a bit trendy, honestly that doesn't bother me too bad but whatever it kinda does... Oh well! It has meaning and everyone in my family would love if we used it. I wanted a nature name middle, but I've scrapped that and am back to the drawing board. The following I like but husband has veto'd. Help me with some fresh ideas berries!

Rylinn Beatrice
    Rilynn Cecilia
    Rylinn Marigold

If someone forced me to spell Rylinn at knifepoint, then I'd definitely go with 'rylinn'.

Far too trendy for me though. Have you looked at Bryony (breye-uh-nee)? I think it's perfect for what you want. You've got the 'rye' sound like Ryan, it's not overly trendy, it's six letters and it's a girl's name!

Either that or just do Ryan as a middle name.
    Last edited by renrose; June 4th, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: 18 is up. Two more to follow within the next week.

Rilynn looks nicest to me.

Rilynn Jane
    Rilynn Cecily
    Rilynn Veronica
    Rilynn Elizabeth
    Rilynn Felicity
    Rilynn Bianca
    Rilynn Magnolia
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

Thank you, Lineska. I love the suggestion of Elizabeth and Magnolia.

Do you think Rilynn would be mispronounce "Rill-yin"? I was thinking the Rylinn would be more upfront with pronunciation.

Bryony has always been "Brian-ee" to me, it just looks so butch.

My sons name is Archer, and it was not on the top 1000 when we named him. It was also a tie in to family in many many ways. Now people say his name is "trendy". What can you do? I'm more into the thought of honoring my family member than whether the name will strike some as "trendy" or "made up". SSA says people have been using this name for years, so it's not really that "out there".

As a namesake of Ryan, Rylinn make more sense to me.
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Joseph ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P