Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by sydnergy View Post
    Are you really attacking me right now, LadyLiterature?

I don't like Bryony, it looks and sound ugly. I don't like Riley, as I know many mean little girls named Riley. I don't like Rhiannon as it's too long.

My brother just hung himself and I'm absolutely lost, no idea when. And when asking for help people attack me. I have people arguing about the things I stated in my original post. ITS NOT A NAMEBERRY NAME, ITS GONNA BE CONSIDERED TRENDY. My mom is in shambles right now, and when I said something about my husbands suggestion and she was so so happy.

You people have no idea what I'm going through, yet instead of giving me classic middle options you're choosing to attack the name choice. ITS NOT YOURS. NO ONE IS TELLING YOU TO NAME YOUR CHILD THIS.

Thank you people, but no thank you anymore. This is the last you will see me on nameberry. You SHOULD NOT attack someone's ideas because they're not the same as yours. You shouldn't TALK DOWN to someone, because you have no idea how they are feeling and what is pushing their decision. I think my brother killed himself because he felt unloved, I'm trying to honor him my way. I don't care if you liked Ryanne better before or Riley I don't like those. You people are mean to anyone that has a different opinion. I truly hope you grow and learn to accept names, whether you like them or not, and not attack people for it.
    OP, you're right that no one is telling us to name our child any of these names. However, please do not get mad when we have differing styles. You DID ask about these names. If you prefer that we do not have an opinion, it's as simple as not posting here.

I would also kindly suggest that if you're lost and your mother is in shambles, you seek therapy of some sort. It truly helps.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Op, people are just trying to help you. They mean no harm. Granted, any time you participate in an online forum you'll find some individuals who are brazen and rude, but you can't take that personally. They don't know you. They have no idea who you are. They are just working with the information given to try and help you name your daughter. Please remind yourself that you are not being personally attacked.

Like I suggested on your previous thread, I love the idea of Ryan being a middle for one of your favorites as a first, or with a beautiful bird name as a first.

I just want to chime in and say that I am truly sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what your family is going through. I think it is amazing to honor a loved one. I want to just say that most people on nameberry are not meaning to offend people. We just happen to be a group of people that are passionate about names. Several berries could be considered experts on names. I am amazed at some of the advise given with such knowledge, creativity, and encouragement. So, naturally, everyone wants people to be aware of issues like popularity, masculinity, etc when giving advice to make sure that your child has a truly lovely name. What we give is simply an opinion and should be taken as such. Personally, when I ask advice on a name I want everyone's honest opinion. I am sorry you have been hurt through the process. Try to see this as the helpful advice it is intended as. Prayers and good luck to you and your family.