Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

have to tell someone

Well, this was totally unexpected because I'm on the birth control pill, but today I found out I am pregnant with my second child! I am not as happy about it as I could be because I had finally accepted the idea that it would be better to wait, but I think the excitement will pick up as the pregnancy becomes more real to me. At first I thought I was about five weeks pregnant but now I think I am actually 9 weeks along because I did not miss any pills in May, but I did accidentally miss two in April. I did not suspect anything until last week when I missed my period; I normally have a light period and there was a small amount of bleeding in April. I am slightly worried though, early bleeding and no symptoms except for slight weight gain, breast enlargement, and frequent urination, does that sound bad? I am also irritated that I could not get an appointment until three weeks from now so I think I will be 12 weeks pregnant, as in done with my first trimester, by the time I get anything checked out. A few positive notes: hubby is more excited than I would have ever guessed, I think my due date should be around the first week of January- a New Years baby would be fun, and my son will only be a little under three years older than my second (and last - I'm checking out Essure permanent birth control after this is done with) which is the age gap I had wished for.

If this baby is a girl she has a name, Leona Gillian, but if it is another son I have no idea what I will do and will be asking for a lot of help here!
    Last edited by lovewn; June 4th, 2013 at 04:03 AM.

Congratulations! I'm sorry your timing wasn't spot on, but, you're right, you'll get much more excited as your pregnancy progresses! It's great your husband is so happy. Congrats again!
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Congratulations! I'm loving Leona. Its such a spunky, yet classy name.

Congratulations. I had a surprise pregnancy too, and I definitely got more and more excited once I got over the shock! I was on the bc pill too when I conceived, and didn't miss any pills. One of the reasons I will never go on it again.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Calloway, Atlas Bram, Atlas Octavian
    Lyra Marigold, Lyra Blythe, Lyra Clementine

Congratulations! Good luck with everything, Leona Gillian is a lovely name.