Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Eliza or Celia

Eliza having a sister with the middle name Elizabeth gives me slight pause, but since most people aren't introduced with their middle names, that shouldn't matter if it's a name you really love.
    I much prefer Adeline with Eliza. Celia sounds incomplete next to Adeline. Do you like Adeline and Cecilia at all?
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Rufus | Jasper | Graham

Can't vote! Both names were top choices for me when naming my daughter. My husband said no to both. I think Celia Margaret flows better and goes a bit better with Adeline. So, I guess I voted after all!

I vote for the elegant Celia! A beautiful name.
    Thrilled to be mother to @gnes Ei1ish Madeline and Fe1icity Bridget Be@trice

If we'd had boys the list was: Godfrey, Seamus, Alexander, Michael, Felix, Peter, Ignatius & Sebastian.

I like Cecilia but for some reason I find Celia slightly more pleasing--something about it sounds sweeter and at the same time stronger and more stylish to me. But I definitely appreciate the advice! It seems like there's a pretty even divide on the two names but I have to say, after reading everyone's comments and advice, Celia is pulling out ahead for me. While I still love both names, Celia may just be a better fit.

Both names are beautiful. However, I think it would be a bit odd if you name your next daughter Eliza if Adeline's middle name is Elizabeth, unless you have a specific reason for doing this. I guess middle names aren't used very often though, so if you really love Eliza more than Celia, hopefully this wouldn't be a huge problem.

Actually, my mother's name is Celia, and she has rarely had anyone call her Cece, so if you are worried about that, it shouldn't be a problem. Celia is so much prettier than Cece anyway, so I would imagine most people would want to say the full name instead of the nickname.