Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Eliza or Celia

Eliza is definitely a full name on its own, but with your other daughter's middle name as Elizabeth, that seems like to many Eliza's in a family. Celia doesn't have to be shortened to Cece, I know a Celia and she goes by Celia. I prefer Celia over Eliza in this situation.

I really like both names! They have wildly different vibes/images though, so I'd keep both of them as options until you actually meet the baby. I think Eliza would work best on someone fearless and spunky while Celia would be better on someone more subdued and intellectual. I also think it would be easy enough to avoid Cece if you correct people.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I really like Eliza, but for you, I think Celia works best. I like that Celia sounds more distinct from Adeline - Adeline and Eliza have very similar sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jacquigirl View Post
    Eliza is definitely a full name on its own, but with your other daughter's middle name as Elizabeth, that seems like to many Eliza's in a family. Celia doesn't have to be shortened to Cece, I know a Celia and she goes by Celia. I prefer Celia over Eliza in this situation.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Some current considerations:

Sylvie Coraline | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Vivienne Esme | Cora Madeleine
    Archer Daniel | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Donovan | Theo Anderson | Lucian Matteo | Milo Vincent

Eliza for sure! I think it's a legitimate name in its own right by now.
    ~Adelaide ~ Juniper ~ Josephine ~ Dorothy ~ Eleanora ~ Rosalind ~ Magnolia~
    ~Julian ~ Augustus ~ Edward ~ Frederick ~Everett ~ Nathaniel ~ Theodore~