Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Calista - cuh LISS tuh or cuh LEES tuh?

I've always heard cuh LISS tuh (and like it a lot better this way) but www.babynamewizard.com says cuh LEES tuh. Did they just get it wrong or have I only encountered Calistas that pronounce it wrong?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

The name is used in other languages other than English where the "i" would be pronunced "ee". Neither pronunciation is wrong.
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

Calista

We have a little Calista and pronounce it Ca-liss-ta. Still working on a nickname :-) Callie/Cali doesn't seem to stick.

Have a student in my class named Calista and it is pronounced cuh LISS tuh. I have never heard it with the LEES in the middle...

Depends on the origin of the person who is pronouncing the name. English speakers pronounce it "LISS" and other cultures such as Spanish would use "LEES". Either is acceptable.
    All the best,
    Mischa.