Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Follow up on Leo/Alliteration

My husband and I are considering the name Leo for a boy. The trouble is, our last name is Levy (pronounced Lee Vee) and I'm getting some push back about the alliterative double "lee" sound ( "lee-o lee vee). There doesn't seem to be consensus though, Some people don't have a problen with it and others do.

Do you think Leo is a terrible match with our last name? I feel like the middle names we are considering will break up the lees... options are: Abram, Jordan, Nathaniel or Tobias.

Obviously I wouldn't want to give my kid a name that would rub people the wrong way. But if the name is a little different bc its alliterative I'd be OK with that! Thanks

I think it's a little too much with it, unless you pronounce Leo the French way (Lay-O). But even the double L's bother me lol all of your options work better with your last name. Love Tobias with it the most!
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

Another option is to name him Lionel, nickname Leo. Would Lionel flow better with our ln?

I think alliteration can be cute. e.g. Liz Lemon. Of course you also have the issue of the double ee sound. I prob voted against it in a previous thread, but I would say if you love Leo, embrace it! If anyone comments just say, we think it's cute. End of convo. In fact the more I say it, the cuter it becomes

I much prefer Leo Levy to Toby Levy, which has all of the rhyminess and none of the alliteration. I say no to Lionel.
    Top Contenders:
    Cora ~ Esme ~ Fiona ~ Gwyneth ~ Hazel ~ Lila ~ Mara ~ Sylvie ~ Thea ~ Zara
    Archer ~ Donovan ~ Emmett ~ Ezra ~ Julian ~ Leo ~ Rhys ~ Sawyer ~ Theo ~ Xavier

I think Leo Levy sounds great! If nothing else, it is a memorable name, which can be a really good thing in life!