Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Too bad about Lydia. It is so gorgeous. My favorite biblical girl's name is Mary. I am in love with it. I also like:

Leah
    Phoebe
    Elizabeth
    Rebekah
    Rachel

My favorite biblical girl names are:

Rebecca
    Susanna
    Julia
    Eve
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)

Lilith is a Biblical name that might be a nice alternative to Lydia.

I also love Eden, Eva, Lois, and Leah. other nice options are Martha, Rhoda, Tabitha.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by paw View Post
    Lilith is a Biblical name that might be a nice alternative to Lydia.
    Lilith is Biblical folklore not literally in the Bible. I wouldn't have thought of it as directly comparable...?

Anyway my favourite girls' Bible names are:
    Naomi
    Leah
    Hannah
    Tamar
    Esther
    Keziah/Kezia
    Michal
    Mara (A seperate Biblical person from Miriam or Mary but a related name)
    Noa
    Yael
    Ruhama

New Testament I like:
    Martha
    Susannah
    Tabitha
    Phoebe

Variants:
    I am not especially keen on Rachel but don't mind the Spanish Raquel or Hungarian Rahela. Since the Bible wasn't written in English...? I dunno how you'd feel about something like this.

I also like feminizations of many male Biblical personages. I don't know if that would work for you. My religious name (not legal name... just used in services and so on) is Yosefa Tzippa Leah... Leah was a biblical woman, Yosefa is a spin on Yosef (Joseph). And Tzippa in the middle there is a diminutive of Tzipporah, rather like being called Sue instead of Susannah.