Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Miri would be pronounced like "mee-ree". I think it's very cute!

Other suggestions

Abigail
    Bethany
    Claudia
    Delilah
    Joanna
    Joy
    Rebecca/Rebekah
    Sarah/Sarai

Get out your Bible Maps! I think Biblical place names, such as Lydia, have potential... even though my hubby nay-say'd all of them
    Some stand-out place names are Eden, Joppa, Bethany, {Mt of}Olive{s}, and Lydda
    Mother of Evander nn Van
    Expecting #2
    Gabriel - Sebastian - Shepherd -- Eliza - Dagny - Annabelle

Quote Originally Posted by jlynn324 View Post
    Thanks How would you pronounce Miri? I think Miriam sounds like an older name but maybe if the nickname is cute. We are considering variants. One possible choice we are thinking of us Elisa (short for Elizabeth). I love Ruth but I also have a niece with that name.
    I say MEER-ee. Since Miriam is MEER-ee-um. I love Elisa! I read this series about this amazing Elisa in high school--it's a great Christian fiction series, if you're interested (The Zion Covenant, by Brock and Bodie Thoene). I think it's a pretty cool connection to the name. My only hang up is that it sounds so much like Lisa. For years I thought it was pronounced like Eliza, and to be honest, I still love the idea of Elisa pronounced like Eliza. Probably not very realistic, though.

Do you have a favorite Bible character? Some of my favorite names hold ties to my favorite Bible characters/stories, etc. Caleb is so much more meaningful to me because I love the character--a spy, a warrior for God (deep into his 80s!), a loving father... he was pretty much a rockstar. And his relationship with God was amazing. I would love for a future son to love the tie to the Biblical Caleb, to aspire to be as much of a Godly man as Caleb was. Maybe you could get some inspiration for your own daughter?

ETA: Also, have you thought of names that don't exactly show up in the Bible, but they have very obviously religious/Christian meanings? Like Eliora, which means "The Lord is my light", or Arianne/Ariana/etc. meaning "very holy one", or Arabella, meaning "prayerful"? I think that could be another source of inspiration. I think Lily names are great to honor the Christian faith as well--one of Jesus' names is "Lily of the Valley".
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; June 3rd, 2013 at 05:40 PM.

Okay, here we go!

Abigail (I just love that name, it's so gorgeous...Mmm? What? I'm biased?...Oh. Right. That's MY name.)
    Devorah (Hebrew version of Deborah, it's a nice twist)
    Dina
    Ariel
    Eden
    Eva
    Hannah
    Jemima
    Martha
    Naomi
    Rebecca
    Zipporah

Good luck!
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!

For biblical names I like

Phoebe
    Moriah
    Leah
    Dinah
    Junia