Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A sister for Maeby

As a long time reader, not much of a poster, my husband and I are finally getting ready to TTC our 2nd child. Of course, I have been thinking about a name for a sibling since my daughter Maeby Alana was born in August 2010. If it ends up being a girl, I am having a hard time narrowing it down to a few names. Maeby is unique and there are only a handful born each year, and I don't want to choose another name that is wildly popular and leave her feeling left out. My husband and I are both teachers so we see a lot of names and can be adverse to some because of students we've had. Our last name begins with F. Here are a few of my favorites:

Mallory
    Maisy
    Delaeny
    Embry
    Rowan
    Truly
    Willa
    Marlow Simone
    Elliotte

Please let me know what you think and any other suggestions!

My favorite with Maeby is Rowan.
    I'd advise against Truly, or any other word-name, as it makes Maeby sound more like "maybe."
    Other Berries will probably vote for Willa, but Willa and Maeby makes me think, "Maybe? Willya?"
    Simone is a wonderful name. Willa Simone perhaps.

Meredith? It's unisex, distinct enough from Maeby but shares the M.. Meredith Rowan or Meredith Willa

Maeby like Maybe? How do you pronounce it?
    Last edited by sarab.cook; June 3rd, 2013 at 10:58 AM.
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    Sylvie | Rosalie | Cecily | Eleanor | Rufus | Jasper | Graham

I like Mallory. How do you pn Maeby? I like the sound, but I hope correct pn isn't Maybe.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

Mallory: This name is actually growing on me and I think it works with Maeby, myself, but could see people accusing matchy-ness with the M beginning and y endings.
    Maisy: Not a huge fan of this one, and this one, to me, IS too matchy with Maeby.
    Delaeny: I don't mind Delaney, but this spelling is weird to me.
    Embry: I think of this as more of a boys name, but it could work with Maeby.
    Rowan: I love Rowan, personally. For a boy or a girl. I'm just not sure if I like it with Maeby.
    Truly: This one reads way too matchy with Maeby. Maeby and Truly. Blech. Too much.
    Willa: I love Willa! Oh so cute and would definitely work with Maeby, but may not be as unique as you are looking for...
    Marlow Simone: I love this! So not my style, but it makes me grin I think Marlow and Maeby are a great sibling pairing.
    Elliotte: I don't mind Elliott, but the e ending is a bit much for me.
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Harrison Joseph Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P