Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Names meaning dragon, fire or fierce..?

I need to name a apprentice, who is training to become a dragon slayer, something that could be reminded of a dragon. I don't really want a name as Drake, Draco/Drago or Aiden (I go by Aiden some days), so I'd like to hear if you had any suggestions!

Something about the character -
    He is 17, barely old enough to be mastering the skill, yet he is great at combat. In the start he was named Dante, but of various reasons I can no longer use that name.
    His teacher is Idra, a famous Huntress, which he has a secretly crush on, though when he become her apprentice she is in her mid 30's. His hair is fierce red and he has dark brown eyes, a bit almond shaped and his skin is relatively dark, for someone with red hair. His nn is Red, because of his hair.

I'd love to hear what you have to say. ^^
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Hopefully little Alex (due Dec!)

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~ Ianto Lior~

Anyone? D:
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;
    Silke (23-8-11), Sophia (18-11-11), Victoria (13-8-13) & Hopefully little Alex (due Dec!)

Dagmar Selene ~ Lystra Science ~ Linde Harriet ~ Oswald Seth ~ Laurel Bellamy ~ Ianto Lior~

You don't want to use the two names that mean "dragon" (Drake, Draco) so I'll give some names with fire and fierce in them.

Fire

Ash
    Fintan
    Ignatius/Inigo
    Joash
    Loki
    Phoenix
    Pyrrus
    Tyson
    Vulcan - Roman god of fire

Fierce

Charon
    Jarek
    Lorcan
    All the best,
    Mischa.

No, not really, as it seems too obvious to me. And the Dragons will be named Drago in the novel.

I like Charon, never heard it before and Vulcan seems nice too. ^^
    Proud Auntie/cousin to;

Meaning Fire:
    Tyson
    Agni
    Edan
    Kenneth (means 'born of fire')
    Uri (actually, this means flame)
    Ash, Ashe, Ashton
    Vulcan
    Bero
    Fintan
    Hadyn
    Keegan
    Titus

Sources:
    http://http://www.20000-names.com/fi..._hot_names.htm
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski