Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Because of your last name, Julia. Julie Lahey sounds like "yodelahehoo!" Julia nn Julie.
    I think Julie can stand on her own though, without a more formal name. Julie Christie, Julie Delpy, Julie Andrews... all fabulous ladies.
    Julia Sylvie nn Julie. Tucked in the middle, the Sylvie won't be in constant use, but it will give you the cheery French IE sound.

Julie Lahey - it's what you love. Julia has a better flow, but Julie's flow is OK.

However, I would keep in mind that many folks will assume her name is Julia and that her nickname is Julie.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

Why would Julia need a nickname??

Quote Originally Posted by bluesparrow5684 View Post
    Why would Julia need a nickname??
    My sentiments exactly. I prefer Julia. It is so classic and elegant. Julie seems more cutesy. However, if she will be called Julie, I would name her Julie.

Quote Originally Posted by boyandgirl View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I prefer Julia. It is so classic and elegant. Julie seems more cutesy. However, if she will be called Julie, I would name her Julie.
    I agree with this also. However, my choice would be either Julia or Juliet nn Julie. I can't see naming Julia only to change the a to an e for a nickname, even though it does shorten it by one syllable.
    Cora Madeleine~Dahlia Vesper~Fiona Elspeth~Gwyneth Rosalie~Hazel Matilda~Margot Eliza~Sylvie Eloise~Vivienne Esme
    Arlo Vincent~Callum Ezra~Emmett Sebastian~Evander Leo~Julian Matteo~Lucian Xavier~Milo Everett~Theo Jameson