Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Talk to me about the name Victor and the initial VJ

My DH has shot down any boy name ending in the letter -o; he just isn't a fan. He seems pretty set on what the options are if we were to have another boy.

He has agreed that we will honor my side of the family this go around. His name choices are Marcus and Victor. My father is named Victor and I have a brother and step-brother named Marc. Of the two names I prefer Victor. We would use John as the middle name to honor my maternal grandfather. This name was brought up 3years ago when we were trying to find a name for our 3yr old. It was shot down by people on here because of the initials VJ. So tell me, do you really hear or think va-jay-jay, when you hear VJ? I have to be completely honest with myself when it comes to the name Victor, I will more than likely end up calling a little boy with that name Vic or VJ. My father goes by Butch. If VJ is a such a horrible nickname do you all have any other ideas of what could work with Rex and Troy? Some other Roman or Greek name that we could use as a cute nickname?
    Last edited by mylittleking; June 2nd, 2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

I would hav never thought Va- jay- jay for VJ. I don't think most people would. I know a little guy that goes by BJ, and no one had brought that connotation up with him...
    I say go for it, its a nice strong name!
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

Quote Originally Posted by mbrow222 View Post
    I would hav never thought Va- jay- jay for VJ. I don't think most people would. I know a little guy that goes by BJ, and no one had brought that connotation up with him...
    I say go for it, its a nice strong name!
    I wouldn't have either until someone on here mentioned it 3 yrs ago. When I hear VJ I actually hear Vejay, like the golf player.

Then I think its safe for your to use. If thats not what you automatically think of, then its a good fit
    Maddox (Max) James 08.31.13.

Boys Favourites: Holden, Theron (Theo), Aidan, Killian

Girls Favourites: Rosalie, Lucy, Lyra, Isla

VJ DOES make me think of vagina-related terms. So I'd personally stay away from it.

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jack ~ Conor ~ Nolan ~ Mark ~ Samuel ~ Jeremy ~ Ian ~ Vincent ~ Evan
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil