Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little unsure about middle names - keep both? Remove one?

My son is almost 3 weeks old and we have less and less time left till the end of the officiall assigned period, within which we should register our baby. It's the last chance to made some changes. Many of you praised my son's name, Dashiell and the way it matches Zelda, my little girl's name. We've chosen two middle names - Roman Leif. I really love both of them (Roman was my number one when I was expecting my first child), but I'm still not sure if two middles are the best idea. What do you think? Keep both of them? Keep one? Which one - Roman, which makes better combo with Dashiell, or Leif, which honors my husband's scandinavian ancestry? All your opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Zelda Astrid - 21.02.2011
    Dashiell Roman Leif - 15.05.2013
    Vita Malin - 23.04.2014

Soon-to-be aunt for the first time!

If you keep only one, I would go with Roman because Dashiell Leif has the two L sounds that run together. But I think two middle names are fine. If you like them both, then keep them both.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Two middle names are totally fine! However, if you do decide to drop one i would keep Roman!
    Shannon, recently married my BFF and TTC our first <3

Quote Originally Posted by whitegold View Post
    Two middle names are totally fine! However, if you do decide to drop one i would keep Roman!
    I agree. 1. Keep both. 2. Keep Roman.

Two middle names is fine (I personally prefer it if they have some sort of special significance (family/religion/culture/etc)). That being said, even though I like Leif more than Roman, and like that it has a cultural connection, it doesn't go as well following Dashiell due to the L's next to each other.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...