Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Esme realistic for real life?

I'm love the name Esme and I think it has so many elements going for it - unique, classy and exotic, heard of but not common, literary, and being French which I love especially since I speak French and plan on majoring in it in college. I'm just wondering if it would actually work in real life (I live in the Midwestern US) or if the chance of being misspelled/mispronounced, lack of nicknames, and fanciful-ness (not a very good way to describe it but hopefully you know what I mean haha) of it make it better as a guilty pleasure. What do you think?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

I think this name will be on the rise because of the Twilight connection. That will make it more recognizable to the average American.

I think it's such a pretty name that even if it took a minute for people to get it right it will be well received.

If you're really reluctant perhaps Esther May or Esther Mabel or Estella May ect?

The "frenchness" of the name is not the problem. Thanks to twilight everyone and their mother knows the name Esme and how it is spelled and pronounced. I personally love it but think it is a tad bit too twihard-related at the moment to be considered classy still (with sister names bella and rosalie).

But I do think it could be used in the real world, I personally just wouldn't want to.

I think Esme is really pretty! I only know one girl with the name Esme and she's from France.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I only know one little Esme as well, and the poor girl was born the year before the first Twilight book came out. I think it is a gorgeous name, but I agree that it is probably more tied to Twilight than almost any other Twilight name (Rosalie, Isabella, Jasper, Alice).

However, I am a Sabrina who was born before Sabrina the Teenage Witch came out and, while it was sometimes annoying, the connection never really bothered me. If you love it, go for it!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996